Thankyou DJI for bricking my Phantom with this stupid update

Yes my phone is in developer mode, yes debugging mode was, and still is activated. The only fix i have found was to delete each and every dji file that is on your phone, and then reinstall the app.

I tried this and deleted each and every file on my phone. Still no luck. Once I hit enter camera view. Crashes.

I even tried developer mode on/off. Debugging on/off still no luck.

wow Drew sorry.... but man it seems like your device is running into issues.... do you have an iPhone or iPad you can borrow from someone and see if it works with those devices? I am not trying to tell you it shouldn't work with your device... just that android has so many more devices it's possible your device is rejecting the app...

wow Drew sorry.... but man it seems like your device is running into issues.... do you have an iPhone or iPad you can borrow from someone and see if it works with those devices? I am not trying to tell you it shouldn't work with your device... just that android has so many more devices it's possible your device is rejecting the app...

You know what. I don't have an iPhone or iPad. But, I just tried my POS old phone and everything works fine so it is the phone. What even stranger is I bought this Samsung S5 from B&H and now they said I cant get a refund and they will send it in for warranty repair. I don't understand how they will fix this issue?

You know what. I don't have an iPhone or iPad. But, I just tried my POS old phone and everything works fine so it is the phone. What even stranger is I bought this Samsung S5 from B&H and now they said I cant get a refund and they will send it in for warranty repair. I don't understand how they will fix this issue?

An apology would be appropriate right about now.

An apology would be appropriate right about now.
Don't really see the need to apologize. I never said you guys were wrong. I just said that was the first thing people were pointing out. I'm still in shock of how random a problem with the phone will cause the app to shut off like that and a specific app at that. No other app on my phone crashes like that. You were right and thats about the best apology you will get from me I won't say sorry because I still feel like theres a glitch somewhere.

anybody have any recommendations of the cheapest Apple tablet that works very well with P3P?

I have the same issue with Lenovo tablet brand new worked fine with pilot but after updating to go it's a no go I'm grounded maybe should have bought an Apple ! Wait a week longer and now this yes I've deleted reinstalled bla bla still no joy

I have the same issue with Lenovo tablet brand new worked fine with pilot but after updating to go it's a no go I'm grounded maybe should have bought an Apple ! Wait a week longer and now this yes I've deleted reinstalled bla bla still no joy

Do you get the message "Unfortunately, DJI has stopped" ?

Looks like were SOL
The sad thing is I shoulda caught on to it earlier that my phone was defective or had problems. The very first time I used it with my P3 it worked flawlessly. No lagging. Video feed was perfect. App never crashed. Once I upgraded to 1.1.9. video feed started lagging. App always crashing EVERY TIME I FLEW. I honestly started getting use to it and would fly even after app crashed. Now its so bad that I cant even get into the app. I'm looking how to solve this issue "Unfortunate, _____ has stopped" issue and tried every step people recommend. Looks like its time to finally pick up an apple tablet.

Unfortunately Drew - (I'm in the software business) and android makes it very hard to get it perfect and stable for every phone because there are sooooo many devices (it's kind of like PC development with everyone having different drivers and hardware). However the S5 should have been one that was tested.

an ipad mini 2 on ebay with 16 gb is running about 200.00 -

Reactions: DrewFlies
Unfortunately Drew - (I'm in the software business) and android makes it very hard to get it perfect and stable for every phone because there are sooooo many devices (it's kind of like PC development with everyone having different drivers and hardware). However the S5 should have been one that was tested.

an ipad mini 2 on ebay with 16 gb is running about 200.00 -

Yeah I'm not blaming DJI anymore. I was just very frustrated at the time of the gig that I missed out. Now after further investigating it is the Samsung s5 and as stated earlier I've had problems with the s5 from the get go when I purchase it 4 months ago. It would freeze from time to time. My Pilot app would always crash but I thought that was just a DJI compatibility thing and with DJI always updating the software I wasn't sure who to blame lol. I still flew it regardless of the constant crashed. But, now I can't even fly it which is really irritating. I love Samsung and I loved my s5. Unfortunately, I can't say that anymore. I always been an Apple fan. But, I also like PC and Android. I'm ready to go purchase an ipad mini 2 brand new from best buy for $300 I just don't trust ebay like that. I will only be buying this tablet for my P3P. Is there a reason I should look into the mini 3 or the iPad Air 2?

I bought an iPad Air 2 16gig cellular model for $250 open box.

Is there a difference in the iPad Air 2 and the mini 2/3? obviously the newer ones are better. But, I just want to use it for P3P.

I noticed on DJI's website they have this posted

Recommended Devices
  • iOS: iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, and iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular. This app is optimized for iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus

No actually I'm a foreman and it's been my motto since I was a kid.
A digger (excavation contractor) I worked with in the eighties called it the 7 P Rule. Good rule to practice, but some of us always seem to fall back to a fire drill.;)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl