Thankyou DJI for bricking my Phantom with this stupid update

I would check where the DJI Go app is installed then I would uninstall it, go back into your files system and check that the files are all deleted, then I would re-install the app. I would backup all my files from SD card then format it. The bin file left in the SD card may cause this issue too. If your bird has a later firmware version but the 1.1.9 bin is in there that may be issue, or you are trying to fly with an DJI Go but have 1.1.9 bin file in the SD card...

I do have 1.1.9 bin on the SD card and I'm currently running 1.1.9. I have never updated as I'm too scared of all the errors people are getting from updating. From what a few people have said on this thread alone is you can still run 1.1.9 and you can still use DJI Pilot app. Thats what I'm trying to do. I already factory reset my phone and installed DJI Pilot app 1.1.10

You may still have the last DJI Pilot installer in your downloads folder

I searched for anything DJI on my files and removed it. Is there something I'm missing? Dang this is starting to become a headache. I really appreciate the support though.

As far as I know if you upgraded the bird to 1.3.2, you can only go back to 1.1.9?

Edit. ok you already responded with same

I do have 1.1.9 bin on the SD card and I'm currently running 1.1.9. I have never updated as I'm too scared of all the errors people are getting from updating. From what a few people have said on this thread alone is you can still run 1.1.9 and you can still use DJI Pilot app. Thats what I'm trying to do. I already factory reset my phone and installed DJI Pilot app 1.1.10

Your only option Drew might be to upgrade to the latest Phantom firmware. I have both my P3P's on it right now and have had zero problems with it (I did have an issue with 1.2.6 which was fixed by recalibrating the IMU.) - I'm just suggesting that this may help you get off the ground.

As far as I know if you upgraded the bird to 1.3.2, you can only go back to 1.1.9?

Edit. ok you already responded with same

I've had the bird since April. It came with 1.1.7 I believe. I was a dummy and updated to 1.1.9. Haven't touch it since 1.1.9 as I started to have video feed lag and seen other peoples errors. Too scared to update. But, honestly I'm about to just say screw it and update to latest firmware and app software as I'm not able to fly it now. I just wish someone knew what was wrong and could help me before I update firmware.

Your only option Drew might be to upgrade to the latest Phantom firmware. I have both my P3P's on it right now and have had zero problems with it (I did have an issue with 1.2.6 which was fixed by recalibrating the IMU.) - I'm just suggesting that this may help you get off the ground.

Thanks Buckaye, looks like this is my only option as of now its a paperweight. **** I really didn't want to update because of all the issues people have had with the last firmwares. :(

Whelp.... here goes nothing.

Can you give me any advice on what step to take first and what order? Uninstall DJI Pilot App, Factory reset phone... then what?

All the bickering has been removed and one user blocked from replying to this thread. Let's not make it any more. If it isn't productive and doesn't help solve the problem, don't post.

Thank you. I fully agree.

Thanks Buckaye, looks like this is my only option as of now its a paperweight. **** I really didn't want to update because of all the issues people have had with the last firmwares. :(

Can you give me any advice on what step to take first and what order? Uninstall DJI Pilot App, Factory reset phone... then what?

Yeah your first two steps seem right...

Download the latest firmware into the root directory of your micro sd card
then update the Phantom takes about 22 minutes - and you're watching the light on the camera gimbal blink between red and green.
(power cycle phantom)
then update your controller (I updated mine by connecting the usb to the phantom - you'll have to update the controller this way because you are so far behind on firmware). - takes about 5 -10 minutes
Power cycle everything
then put in one battery after another until all batteries are updated. (middle two lights will blink as batteries are updating)

THEN I would install your app back on your device and try to connect.

Do you have access to another phone or tablet? If so, install PILOT APP then check if it works, this will isolate it as a phone issue.

Reactions: kirk2579

Good luck

Do you have access to another phone or tablet? If so, install PILOT APP then check if it works, this will isolate it as a phone issue.
I'm afraid of this being the issue and me updating for no reason.

then update the Phantom takes about 22 minutes - and you're watching the light on the camera gimbal blink between red and green.
(power cycle phantom)
then update your controller (I updated mine by connecting the usb to the phantom - you'll have to update the controller this way because you are so far behind on firmware). - takes about 5 -10 minutes
Power cycle everything
then put in one battery after another until all batteries are updated. (middle two lights will blink as batteries are updating)

Ok. Well, I just checked my memory card in my aircraft and verified that I am still running 1.1.9
e1iPykr.png

I too was/am having this same exact problem where the dji go app force closes every single time. (Galaxy S6 Edge). I DOWNLOADED EACH AND EVERY WAY POSSIBLE. i.e., the dji.com website, google play store.

Ya'll say to uninstall the google play service update; fine.... Still didn't fix the app from force closing when trying to open. In fact... uninstalling the google service update only caused my other apps such as gmail, youtube, etc... to not work unless the update was ultimately re enabled.

Yes my phone is in developer mode, yes debugging mode was, and still is activated. The only fix i have found was to delete each and every dji file that is on your phone, and then reinstall the app.

This momentarily fixes the issue of causing the app to force close, and you are able to utilize the app as necessary. HOWEVER, i have found that anytime i download a file of any kind via the DJI GO App, the problem is unfortunately back and the app begins force closing yet again... DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY SOLID INPUT AS TO WHAT I COULD DO TO RESOLVE THIS PROBLEM!?!?!?

(power cycle phantom)
Power cycle everything

Hey Buckaye, My aircraft is now updated to newest firmware. When you say to plug the controller in to aircraft. Which way do you plug in because theres a usb cable and the micro usb input on both the controller and the aircraft. Also do you turn on the remote control first or the aircraft once plugged in?

Hey Buckaye, My aircraft is now updated to newest firmware. When you say to plug the controller in to aircraft. Which way do you plug in because theres a usb cable and the micro usb input on both the controller and the aircraft. Also do you turn on the remote control first or the aircraft once plugged in?

Usb on the controller to micro usb on the gimbal... turn on the phantom first and then turn on the controller.

I too was/am having this same exact problem where the dji go app force closes every single time. (Galaxy S6 Edge). I DOWNLOADED EACH AND EVERY WAY POSSIBLE. i.e., the dji.com website, google play store.

Ya'll say to uninstall the google play service update; fine.... Still didn't fix the app from force closing when trying to open. In fact... uninstalling the google service update only caused my other apps such as gmail, youtube, etc... to not work unless the update was ultimately re enabled.

Yes my phone is in developer mode, yes debugging mode was, and still is activated. The only fix i have found was to delete each and every dji file that is on your phone, and then reinstall the app.

This momentarily fixes the issue of causing the app to force close, and you are able to utilize the app as necessary. HOWEVER, i have found that anytime i download a file of any kind via the DJI GO App, the problem is unfortunately back and the app begins force closing yet again... DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY SOLID INPUT AS TO WHAT I COULD DO TO RESOLVE THIS PROBLEM!?!?!?

That's good new information - hopefully Drew reads this - and you share it with DJI,,,, what kind of files are you downloading via the DJI Go app?

Ok so just factory reset phone. Updated Aircraft, Updated R/C. Download DJI Go app. Updated. Followed the "How To Connect". App Finally recognized my aircraft again. But, when i hit enter camera view. App crashed..... AGAIN.... Keep crashing. Restarted phone. Still crashing.

Reactions: Gus1986

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4