Thankyou DJI for bricking my Phantom with this stupid update

Follow this got Samsung s5 to work with djigo never had to upgrade firmware on the dji still using original that came on the phantom

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-08-16-14-28-18.png
    Screenshot_2015-08-16-14-28-18.png
    361.3 KB · Views: 265
I need to stay on android because I also use Lightbridge and this is only supported on Android no IOS.

What do you mean by Lightbridge? The Lightbridge video downlink between the P3 and Pilot/Go app has always worked fine on iOS devices.

Not me. Why? Did I miss something?
just wondering -- sounds like you answered a direct question, that I was asking the poster with yes-- just wondered how you knew his answer? :rolleyes:

I have the old app, and firmware for that matter. I was offering the old APP, as you, and many others didnt seem to have the issues prior to transitioning to GO. Im not trying to say there arent issue. Not at all. Just that making a blanket, Android support sucks, statement is hardly accurate. They are dealing with 4 iOS products vs hundreds of Android products. Its not even a slightly fair comparison.
Comparing android to IOS means nothing. Some of us made this investment in hopes to add aerial photograph and video to our clients. That was many of our only reason for purchasing the pro over the advance or any other quad for that matter.
It's called pro so I expect professional execution and app updates. When you schedule paid gigs and can't deliver due to updates that is a huge problem. For those who are simply hobbies on the weekend I see your point but some of us do more and expect more with this amazing copter and from DJI.

Comparing android to IOS means nothing. Some of us made this investment in hopes to add aerial photograph and video to our clients. That was many of our only reason for purchasing the pro over the advance or any other quad for that matter.
It's called pro so I expect professional execution and app updates. When you schedule paid gigs and can't deliver due to updates that is a huge problem. For those who are simply hobbies on the weekend I see your point but some of us do more and expect more with this amazing copter and from DJI.
And you have what business assuming anything of my uses for my P3PRO? I'm just smart enough to use equipment that I know works, and have backups of all that equipment that I also know works. I dont allow updates, I CHOOSE to take them, and I do so on MY terms! Thats how a successful PRO runs a business. And in that.. I have NO problems with my birds, and have never had an issue with any updates. Next time you feel it necessary to challenge a persons knowledge, skills, or intentions,I suggest you step back a few feet and determine if that person is actually doing better than you are! And in that FACT.. I was trying to help you get back in the air productively. Now Im just going to sit back and laugh!

Reactions: Gearie
And you have what business assuming anything of my uses for my P3PRO? I'm just smart enough to use equipment that I know works, and have backups of all that equipment that I also know works. I dont allow updates, I CHOOSE to take them, and I do so on MY terms! Thats how a successful PRO runs a business. And in that.. I have NO problems with my birds, and have never had an issue with any updates. Next time you feel it necessary to challenge a persons knowledge, skills, or intentions,I suggest you step back a few feet and determine if that person is actually doing better than you are! And in that FACT.. I was trying to help you get back in the air productively. Now Im just going to sit back and laugh!
Shesh! kids fighting again... ok, lets escalate this and about 50 posts from now-- maybe it will go away. :confused::confused:

Seems like the real problem is you do not have a backup.

Shesh! kids fighting again... ok, lets escalate this and about 50 posts from now-- maybe it will go away. :confused::confused:
I'm done. Pissed at the fact that I have to read through 1 million post for a solution to a problem I shouldn't have in the 1st place. Not mad at you Steve but feel you assume I blindly uploaded the new Go app. It was all that DJI had available on it's site and I had no time to read ever post on the internet. So I downloaded it thinking it would work. Stupid me for trusting a company I brought the **** thing from, lol. Btw, I own 2 copter as well but like I said earlier the copter are solid. My problem came unexpectedly. Your success or failure means nothing in my arguement. You flung that pooh. I simply responded from your earlier statement assuming I had no reason for voicing my frustration. Good for you if your prepared for any and every possible outcome. You are the 1st perfectly equipted person I have ever met. I have rarely dropped the ball on any project because I typically buy reliable equipment over cheap work arounds. I obviously jump into this aerial thing prematurely.

Last edited:
Seems like the real problem is you do not have a backup.
Exactly! My old phone was lost right before a gig. I had the old app on it. Out of desperation and time crunch I trusted that the new app would at least work, or why else would it be on the official site, lol. That's my beef.

That's a bad deal.
image.jpg
Fplvert blank stare

A bit impossible since the definition of "bricked" means it doesn't work, and cant be made to work. And since a app ISNT at Phantom, or installed IN a Phantom, it cant be bricked.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4