Taking the next step ( mods galore ) update 3/25/15!

hey guys,
Sorry, I'm not getting my alerts? Did not know this post was going strong. Stumbled across it today?

Ok I'm a bit late but.
First:
( if your props DO NOT SAY DJI on them, throw them away ) aftermarket props are the biggest causes of issues in phantom flight! Don't risk it!
Spend the extra $8 for official DJI PROPS.

Next:
Here is the damper set I used ( part #42 ) of DJI parts list. Can be bought at banggood, eBay, or hobby shop
28E290CA-8203-4CF9-BEB0-3166C7204656_zps0qc3ttzl.png

J Dot

Me not getting any alerts from P2V but am from others JD .Strange

Yeah Dirk,
I get alerts for random stuff ( 1 or 2 of my posts, several others post where I replied , and only some of my conversations alert me? I'll see I have 1 unread, so I click conversation show all, there will be 2 or 3 unread? Same with posts/replies, sometimes shows one, but will have 3 or 4 when I open window! Very Odd! Must just be me and you Dirk, we are not USER FRIENDLY!

Your friend,
J Dot ( Limited User ) very limited, lol.
( like an ONGOING game of Hide and Seek, EXCEPT I'm always IT! )
:D

Yeah Dirk,
I get alerts for random stuff ( 1 or 2 of my posts, several others post where I replied , and only some of my conversations alert me? I'll see I have 1 unread, so I click conversation show all, there will be 2 or 3 unread? Same with posts/replies, sometimes shows one, but will have 3 or 4 when I open window! Very Odd! Must just be me and you Dirk, we are not USER FRIENDLY!
:D

I am in the same boat. Only occasional alerts, busy as is, out of sight out of mind. Then I check in and see a whole lot is going on. I would follow a lot more if I were reminded more often. Oh well, it's only spilled milk, no use crying over it...

Reactions: dirkclod
hey guys,
Sorry, I'm not getting my alerts? Did not know this post was going strong. Stumbled across it today?

Ok I'm a bit late but.
First:
( if your props DO NOT SAY DJI on them, throw them away ) aftermarket props are the biggest causes of issues in phantom flight! Don't risk it!
Spend the extra $8 for official DJI PROPS.

Next:
Here is the damper set I used ( part #42 ) of DJI parts list. Can be bought at banggood, eBay, or hobby shop
28E290CA-8203-4CF9-BEB0-3166C7204656_zps0qc3ttzl.png

J Dot
THANKS, HUGE HELP!!!!!

Intruder:

The first vid looks exactly as mine did but I used the dampeners that came with the gimbal. Your second video is a lot smoother and I would certainly be happy if I could have got mine that smooth.

Alerts: I'm not sure of this software but some other forum software will only give you an alert once, until you actually visit the thread, so ofter you get one alert and find that the thread has lots of action.

Intruder:

The first vid looks exactly as mine did but I used the dampeners that came with the gimbal. Your second video is a lot smoother and I would certainly be happy if I could have got mine that smooth.

Alerts: I'm not sure of this software but some other forum software will only give you an alert once, until you actually visit the thread, so ofter you get one alert and find that the thread has lots of action.

Yes,
I agree, about multiple posts in one thread, that makes sense. But, all alerts are on, and I get random threads, if that makes sense? Dirk actually has alerted me to action in one of my threads, when I received NO alert on it from site, then I noticed SEVERAL of my threads, had replied, I was also unaware of? However, I did have some problems with my email here ( not coming ) Jacob fixed it 2 times for me, and Dirk has also fell victim to his stuff going a FOUL! He has had more issues than me, going so far as banning him once, if I remember correctly?( I may be wrong? ) so since me email issues. Everything after has been a bit screwy! But no biggie, just a bit annoying! THANKS for the info, it is appreciated!

Take care, Fly safe
J Dot

Hey guys,
I wanted to chime in on the gimbals,
Here is a video ( basically untouched, just added intro and sound, but footage is raw ). This was taken after gimbal install, and with busted jello ball, so my phantom was wobbling around a lot ( fixed the ball later ) but all I did to the gimbal at this point was set limits of travel ( slightly above straight ahead, and perfect 90 degrees down ) everything else was out of the box!
( remember just raw footage, I know you'll get a bit dizzy, but I needed all angles, so don't bust my balls too bad! Lol )
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

At least you can see how nice the gimbal works!

J Dot

Yes,
I agree, about multiple posts in one thread, that makes sense. But, all alerts are on, and I get random threads, if that makes sense? Dirk actually has alerted me to action in one of my threads, when I received NO alert on it from site, then I noticed SEVERAL of my threads, had replied, I was also unaware of? However, I did have some problems with my email here ( not coming ) Jacob fixed it 2 times for me, and Dirk has also fell victim to his stuff going a FOUL! He has had more issues than me, going so far as banning him once, if I remember correctly?( I may be wrong? ) so since me email issues. Everything after has been a bit screwy! But no biggie, just a bit annoying! THANKS for the info, it is appreciated!

Take care, Fly safe
J Dot
Yep..that was a trip ! And have been banned but that was the crazy mod that's gone :rolleyes: Now I got a crazy [ II ] member messing wit me and gonna send me to the nervous hospital ....hold on a sec
smoking_baby_animated_avatar_100x100_89067.gif
..but his time will come :) I asked in the Super Moderator thread
about this issue with the alerts and seems one of them have this flag issue also so I guess it's just across the whole board . Seems
here in this one it's worse so I just make it appoint to look in a lot . I do get some but miss most .
NOW about that video JD..Is smooth but I noticed a few stones out of place and ya might ought ta get that took care of before
ya put any water in there :eek: Also when ya went straight up from the hot tub and slow yawed around I noticed a little drifting so ya
might ought to do an advanced IMU cal ...with the glass of course o_O and call me in da morning :D
Is a smooth gimbal and would like to see another one of that with the water in it :)

Reactions: J Dot
I need to go back, now that it is finished, and do it again, with it operating! Lol, unfortunately I usually don't get that pleasure, we finish one, then onto the next! That was a fun one though!
I thought you were banned once before ( falsely , of coarse ). Lol.
Glad we are not the only ones experiencing the glitch!
Man, it has freaking been raining here EVERY DAY! Man, my bird is becoming a SHELF QUEEN! I find myself charging batteries, only to pin down my bird and burn them out again! ( been working on my bad battery ( 22 charges now ) still says 98% life, holding the charge a bit longer now, going to keep doing it ( charge it, burn it, charge it, burn it, to see if I can breathe new life into it? Got nothing better to do, lol.

J Dot

I need to go back, now that it is finished, and do it again, with it operating! Lol, unfortunately I usually don't get that pleasure, we finish one, then onto the next! That was a fun one though!
I thought you were banned once before ( falsely , of coarse ). Lol.
Glad we are not the only ones experiencing the glitch!
Man, it has freaking been raining here EVERY DAY! Man, my bird is becoming a SHELF QUEEN! I find myself charging batteries, only to pin down my bird and burn them out again! ( been working on my bad battery ( 22 charges now ) still says 98% life, holding the charge a bit longer now, going to keep doing it ( charge it, burn it, charge it, burn it, to see if I can breathe new life into it? Got nothing better to do, lol.

J Dot
Hey ..If I build it I have to try it out first so no one is disappointed ! If it makes me happy then I know they will be :D
Crap man G man got me several times but Adam fixed it but that's a looooong story :rolleyes:
We just bad hot here with those pop up showers sometimes .

hey guys,
Next:
Here is the damper set I used ( part #42 ) of DJI parts list. Can be bought at Bang good, eBay, or hobby shop

J Dot

So, just to make sure, I did order the damper set ($11 on Amazon) which arrived today. There are 4 sets in the kit, two of which are very squishy (just like the original white ones on the P2V) then two more sets that are much stiffer. I chose the bag labeled " A40˚ " which seemed the stiffest. Took a test flight and it seems that really was the winning ticket. Shot the most stable video I have gotten with that setup. It's just test stuff, so nothing to post, but as far as the jitters, that seems to be completely gone! Thanks for that @J Dot ! :)

Of course, there is still the fact that I bought a P2 and am totally spoiled by the video quality of a Hero 4 vs the Vision camera. While I don't have the tools of the app to control the camera, I am using a 600 mw 5.8 GHz FPV setup and I get tons more range than with the Vision app which often loses connection when I am well within a reasonable range. I'll take and post some pictures of that setup if anyone's interested.

Still haven't decided what I am going to do with the P2V. I would hope I could get a decent price for it on eBay even though it wouldn't be what I paid for it or the Gimbal. The classifieds here seem to be pretty saturated not to mention a much bigger pool of potential buyers there as well. Anyway, I have rambled on long enough... :rolleyes:

So, just to make sure, I did order the damper set ($11 on Amazon) which arrived today. There are 4 sets in the kit, two of which are very squishy (just like the original white ones on the P2V) then two more sets that are much stiffer. I chose the bag labeled " A40˚ " which seemed the stiffest. Took a test flight and it seems that really was the winning ticket. Shot the most stable video I have gotten with that setup. It's just test stuff, so nothing to post, but as far as the jitters, that seems to be completely gone! Thanks for that @J Dot ! :)

Of course, there is still the fact that I bought a P2 and am totally spoiled by the video quality of a Hero 4 vs the Vision camera. While I don't have the tools of the app to control the camera, I am using a 600 mw 5.8 GHz FPV setup and I get tons more range than with the Vision app which often loses connection when I am well within a reasonable range. I'll take and post some pictures of that setup if anyone's interested.

Still haven't decided what I am going to do with the P2V. I would hope I could get a decent price for it on eBay even though it wouldn't be what I paid for it or the Gimbal. The classifieds here seem to be pretty saturated not to mention a much bigger pool of potential buyers there as well. Anyway, I have rambled on long enough... :rolleyes:
The ones I ordered have never arrived from China and most likely won't ! You don't have a link handy to the ones you got doya ?

Reactions: Phil Sutphin
You're welcome! The ones I used are the dark grey ones. They really made a difference!

Phil
That's the same set I ordered awhile back but not from Amazon . Will have to look through PayPal to see who I did order them from as I never did get them :D Guess me just order some more :)

J Dot [/ QUOTE]
Привет. Помоги мне, пожалуйста.
Thanks for the detailed instructions !!! I installed myself on p2v also thanks to you !
I can not understand what to change in dji assist to the camera can be lowered / lifted by improvements on the rear panel ?
assist 14.jpg

J Dot [/ QUOTE]
Привет. Помоги мне, пожалуйста.
Thanks for the detailed instructions !!! I installed myself on p2v also thanks to you !
I can not understand what to change in dji assist to the camera can be lowered / lifted by improvements on the rear panel ?View attachment 40431

If I'm right about your question, need to adjust the camera angle on the gimbal.

Play about with the "servo travel limits" pitch/roll figures. As you adjust the numbers you will see the camera move on the gimbal.

If I'm right about your question, need to adjust the camera angle on the gimbal.

Play about with the "servo travel limits" pitch/roll figures. As you adjust the numbers you will see the camera move on the gimbal.

Campit, my friend, You understand me correctly.
Please indicate exactly what and where you need to change , and even about what values ? very grateful for the help .

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.