Switching from Tripod to Position mode seemlesly

Reaction score
Does anyone know how this will be achievable? I have read about this in the specs of the 4 pro but I just can't grasp how you'll be able to do it. I guess just manually switching it?

It's not going to be seamless since you need to manually switch the flight mode in DJI GO.

DJI-GO-Flight-Modes.jpg

Reactions: tml4191
That's what I figured. I'm not sure why they are promoting it. On their Instagram there saying "the phantom 4 pro will transfer seamlessly using the vision system for indoor navigation to outdoor use with GPS"

That's what I figured. I'm not sure why they are promoting it. On their Instagram there saying "the phantom 4 pro will transfer seamlessly using the vision system for indoor navigation to outdoor use with GPS"

That statement is correct. It will switch to the VPS mode and use the P-OPTI when indoors/no GPS.

I assume you want it to switch to tripod mode automatically when indoors. You don't want this. Lets say you are in a covered stadium with no GPS. You don't want your mavic to be restricted to fly at walking speeds.

Last edited:
What is tripod mode?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

I call it turtle mode. The Mavic moves at turtles (walking) speed and creates magical-impossible-dolly-like shots. Some reason it makes everything glamorous. You can tripod mode over a garbage dump and it will still look gorgeous. Have you seen that David Chappelle episode where he says everything in slow-mo looks sexy?? Same can be said here.

Reactions: Uavenue
Does anyone know how this will be achievable? I have read about this in the specs of the 4 pro but I just can't grasp how you'll be able to do it. I guess just manually switching it?
Ive made a video showing exactly how it works
Hope it helps you out

Reactions: Realestatephotos
Ive made a video showing exactly how it works
Hope it helps you out

Thanks for the clarification and the awesome video!!!! I love detailed enthusiasts, thanks a lot man!

What have you seen is the best format for shooting stills/video. Ive seen a bunch of threads of guys bashing the 4k/60fps so far. Mine will be here Monday, I'm bored until then.

Thanks for the clarification and the awesome video!!!! I love detailed enthusiasts, thanks a lot man!

What have you seen is the best format for shooting stills/video. Ive seen a bunch of threads of guys bashing the 4k/60fps so far. Mine will be here Monday, I'm bored until then.

Yeah there just isn't enough bit rate for 60fps at 4K.. I still think it looks good. But it's a little lacking on the big screen. I might use it for a couple shots though. Compared to 4K 24fps the difference in quality is noticable. I need to do some more experimenting but I think maybe 4K@30 will give some great clarity and also make for cinematic footage. I am yet to play with h265 !

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20