Switching from Tripod to Position mode seemlesly

Reaction score
Does anyone know how this will be achievable? I have read about this in the specs of the 4 pro but I just can't grasp how you'll be able to do it. I guess just manually switching it?

It's not going to be seamless since you need to manually switch the flight mode in DJI GO.

DJI-GO-Flight-Modes.jpg

Reactions: tml4191
That's what I figured. I'm not sure why they are promoting it. On their Instagram there saying "the phantom 4 pro will transfer seamlessly using the vision system for indoor navigation to outdoor use with GPS"

That's what I figured. I'm not sure why they are promoting it. On their Instagram there saying "the phantom 4 pro will transfer seamlessly using the vision system for indoor navigation to outdoor use with GPS"

That statement is correct. It will switch to the VPS mode and use the P-OPTI when indoors/no GPS.

I assume you want it to switch to tripod mode automatically when indoors. You don't want this. Lets say you are in a covered stadium with no GPS. You don't want your mavic to be restricted to fly at walking speeds.

Last edited:
What is tripod mode?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

I call it turtle mode. The Mavic moves at turtles (walking) speed and creates magical-impossible-dolly-like shots. Some reason it makes everything glamorous. You can tripod mode over a garbage dump and it will still look gorgeous. Have you seen that David Chappelle episode where he says everything in slow-mo looks sexy?? Same can be said here.

Reactions: Uavenue
Does anyone know how this will be achievable? I have read about this in the specs of the 4 pro but I just can't grasp how you'll be able to do it. I guess just manually switching it?
Ive made a video showing exactly how it works
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Hope it helps you out

Reactions: Realestatephotos
Ive made a video showing exactly how it works
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Hope it helps you out

Thanks for the clarification and the awesome video!!!! I love detailed enthusiasts, thanks a lot man!

What have you seen is the best format for shooting stills/video. Ive seen a bunch of threads of guys bashing the 4k/60fps so far. Mine will be here Monday, I'm bored until then.

Thanks for the clarification and the awesome video!!!! I love detailed enthusiasts, thanks a lot man!

What have you seen is the best format for shooting stills/video. Ive seen a bunch of threads of guys bashing the 4k/60fps so far. Mine will be here Monday, I'm bored until then.

Yeah there just isn't enough bit rate for 60fps at 4K.. I still think it looks good. But it's a little lacking on the big screen. I might use it for a couple shots though. Compared to 4K 24fps the difference in quality is noticable. I need to do some more experimenting but I think maybe 4K@30 will give some great clarity and also make for cinematic footage. I am yet to play with h265 !

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic