Switch to FCC mode in Europe, and fly miles instead of just 300 meters with P3SE

I am still using the last modded app and 2km without signal loss here. No range extender needed.

Gents,
I’d like to share some considerations on the use of different modded versions (DJI Go 3.1.18-3.1.34-3.1.46) and flying at 5.8Ghz or 2.4Ghz I’ve experienced so far with my Phantom 3 SE. Specifically, I would like to share an event just happened and the decision I’ve taken due to this occurrence.
I’m flying with Android devices, a mobile (Xiaomi) with installed DJI Go 3.1.46 (and formerly 3.1.34) and Galaxy tab 8.4 pro on which I’ve installed DJI Go 3.1.18
I’m flying FCC and I'm not in the USA.
Flying with 2.4GHz gives somehow an extended range with respect to 5.8GHz if we consider that flying and shooting means ability to handle the drone with a minimum lag. I never succeeded to fly in shooting condition more than 1.8km with 2.4GHz and 1.6km with 5,8GHz
5,8 GHz at higher distance has a significant lower lag even with lower signal. 2.4GHz at 1.8km shows a strength signal between drone and transmitter but high lag, almost at the limit of usability for short distance shooting. I’m quite confident to reach over 2.5km (once I flight at that distance) or even further in 2.4GHz, but at high elevation (at least 100m high) hence just landscaping shooting.
There is no practical difference between the 3 versions of DJO Go as far as stability of signal in the various combination of 2.4GHz or 5.8Ghz with respect to “usable” shooting range. Transmission quality is the same. 3.1.34 and 3.1.46 are basically identical. In none of the three version (as of today) maps is working. So forget flight records capability in the app.
Version 3.1.34 and 3.1.46 are affected by more bugs than 3.1.18. Specifically, when RTH is activated (manually or due to signal loss) in the 3.1.34 and 3.1.46 version the software asks to confirm home location. It appears the app tries to redirect the drone to another location and it’s required to confirm to stick on previous (true) Home Point. This is most likely due to reset of the communication between transmitter and drone (evident in case the signal is lost and RTH is activated by default) and due to the fact that, at the reinstatement of the connection, the drone fix its new home point in the location where actually it is. And here the (big) issue.
Today I was shooting a coal ship unloading on a pier, 1.7km distance. 30m ASL (15m above pier).
I set the drone in 2.4Ghz mode at lift off, channel 6. Abruptly the signal was lost, most likely (I was shooting circling around the vessel) since the presence of the ship command deck between the drone and myself. I awaited signal return, that never happened (for first time since when I’m flying). I launched RTH, that failed.
I awaited more or less 5 minutes, than when I was starting to rescue the drone, it appeared above me and landed. Transmitter was “on” but still not connected. I shut off the transmitter, I reconnected the Tab, put on 2.4Ghz and voila’, the connection was re-established. Somehow the transmitter changed (when connection was lost for a certain period) from 2.4Ghz to 5,8GHz. Cannot say was commanded by the app or else.
However, If I was flying the drone with 3.1.34 or 3.1.46 I doubt the drone was able to come back due to the bug of the RTH. Although I’ve lost contact with the drone in various occasions, this is the first time the transmitter reset, most likely due to the fact that the connection was lost for a very long time.
So, based upon the outcome of this last flight, I would recommend all of you to fly 5.8GHz always (this is the natural frequency of our drone, kept by the transmitter at startup) and to stay on DJI Go 3.1.18 that has a flawless RTH.

hello there i dont know what to use 2.4g or 5g and then wich channel as there is no button for automatic channels :(

Gents,
I’d like to share some considerations on the use of different modded versions (DJI Go 3.1.18-3.1.34-3.1.46) and flying at 5.8Ghz or 2.4Ghz I’ve experienced so far with my Phantom 3 SE. Specifically, I would like to share an event just happened and the decision I’ve taken due to this occurrence.
I’m flying with Android devices, a mobile (Xiaomi) with installed DJI Go 3.1.46 (and formerly 3.1.34) and Galaxy tab 8.4 pro on which I’ve installed DJI Go 3.1.18
I’m flying FCC and I'm not in the USA.
Flying with 2.4GHz gives somehow an extended range with respect to 5.8GHz if we consider that flying and shooting means ability to handle the drone with a minimum lag. I never succeeded to fly in shooting condition more than 1.8km with 2.4GHz and 1.6km with 5,8GHz
5,8 GHz at higher distance has a significant lower lag even with lower signal. 2.4GHz at 1.8km shows a strength signal between drone and transmitter but high lag, almost at the limit of usability for short distance shooting. I’m quite confident to reach over 2.5km (once I flight at that distance) or even further in 2.4GHz, but at high elevation (at least 100m high) hence just landscaping shooting.
There is no practical difference between the 3 versions of DJO Go as far as stability of signal in the various combination of 2.4GHz or 5.8Ghz with respect to “usable” shooting range. Transmission quality is the same. 3.1.34 and 3.1.46 are basically identical. In none of the three version (as of today) maps is working. So forget flight records capability in the app.
Version 3.1.34 and 3.1.46 are affected by more bugs than 3.1.18. Specifically, when RTH is activated (manually or due to signal loss) in the 3.1.34 and 3.1.46 version the software asks to confirm home location. It appears the app tries to redirect the drone to another location and it’s required to confirm to stick on previous (true) Home Point. This is most likely due to reset of the communication between transmitter and drone (evident in case the signal is lost and RTH is activated by default) and due to the fact that, at the reinstatement of the connection, the drone fix its new home point in the location where actually it is. And here the (big) issue.
Today I was shooting a coal ship unloading on a pier, 1.7km distance. 30m ASL (15m above pier).
I set the drone in 2.4Ghz mode at lift off, channel 6. Abruptly the signal was lost, most likely (I was shooting circling around the vessel) since the presence of the ship command deck between the drone and myself. I awaited signal return, that never happened (for first time since when I’m flying). I launched RTH, that failed.
I awaited more or less 5 minutes, than when I was starting to rescue the drone, it appeared above me and landed. Transmitter was “on” but still not connected. I shut off the transmitter, I reconnected the Tab, put on 2.4Ghz and voila’, the connection was re-established. Somehow the transmitter changed (when connection was lost for a certain period) from 2.4Ghz to 5,8GHz. Cannot say was commanded by the app or else.
However, If I was flying the drone with 3.1.34 or 3.1.46 I doubt the drone was able to come back due to the bug of the RTH. Although I’ve lost contact with the drone in various occasions, this is the first time the transmitter reset, most likely due to the fact that the connection was lost for a very long time.
So, based upon the outcome of this last flight, I would recommend all of you to fly 5.8GHz always (this is the natural frequency of our drone, kept by the transmitter at startup) and to stay on DJI Go 3.1.18 that has a flawless RTH.

How do you know what channel to select on the dji app? im using the 3.1.18 modded version fcc while im in eu. and works great i fly around 600 meters in city and 1000 in landscapes but not further.I think its becouse i have my settings wrong or something becouse it does not have a automatic channel select.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2020-03-16 at 15.11.13.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2020-03-16 at 15.11.13.jpeg
    137.2 KB · Views: 507
Hi y'all. Proud P3SE owner here.
I've read the whole thread a couple of times but one thing I don't understand is:

I used to be able to fly the P3SE some 3-4 km away in 1.3.20 firmware and 3.1.18 modded app but it needed camera gimbal repairs and I received it back from the shop flashed back to the latest firmware.

Right now my firmware version is 1.5.40 and I'm using the modded 3.1.18 DJI app, which is showing 11 channels. Thing is, I'm still getting lots of lag and loss of signal at around 300-400 m and only a slight improvement in means of range and signal quality compared to 1.5.40 with the unmodded app.

Does the firmware of the p3se need to be 1.3.20 in order to fly long range in FCC-mode? My experience says it does but noone mentioned it here.
Will having the 1.3.20 firmware prevent the latest un-modded app to revert to CE (EU) mode or do I have to stick to the modded apps (I heard those have video bugs and especially dangerous RTH - bugs).

Another thing: has the issue with the missing maps been solved? Sadly the maps don't load in any of the modded apps v3.1.18, v 3.1.34, or v3.1.64.

And one more:
I noticed Litchi now works with the P3SE drone on Android too!!! (using Galaxy Note 8) It works in waypoint mode and in circle around point of interest mode (still haven't tried panorama and focus mode but will update my post when I do). The video feed transmits normally now. Only thing I noticed was that some the video quality settings don't show on screen and are blacked out but the memory card footage seems fine

Last edited:
Hi Guys!
working now for 3 Years with modded app 3.1.18 v3 with no problems. Only the annoying HERE MAP expired problem I found a solution for it.You have to put the date manually around 2017.
Now I bought myself a new SAMSUNG Galaxy Tab A . The 3.1.18 v3 DJI GO App installed ok, but when starting it, it crashed. Is there a solution for it?
Right now I am using my old Nexus Tab again, so sad!

I am also wondering about this issue. Now with the help of this guide I have successfully installed modified app on my Samsung device which is downloaded from here.

Last edited:
Hi guys,
I bought an Galaxy tab A (2019) and 3.1.8 version creates high latencies on the video return. Version 3.1.18 does not want to start after installation (crash when starting), like for andybig said. Where can I get 3.1.18 mod3 version ? or other modded version ? the russian site no longer provides a mod version, with the exception of 3.1.11. Where can I find the other mod versions (3.1.34, 3.1.46, 3.1.61)?

Hi Guys!
working now for 3 Years with modded app 3.1.18 v3 with no problems. Only the annoying HERE MAP expired problem I found a solution for it.You have to put the date manually around 2017.
Now I bought myself a new SAMSUNG Galaxy Tab A . The 3.1.18 v3 DJI GO App installed ok, but when starting it, it crashed. Is there a solution for it?
Right now I am using my old Nexus Tab again, so sad!
where did you change date

Hi guys,
I bought an Galaxy tab A (2019) and 3.1.8 version creates high latencies on the video return. Version 3.1.18 does not want to start after installation (crash when starting), like for andybig said. Where can I get 3.1.18 mod3 version ? or other modded version ? the russian site no longer provides a mod version, with the exception of 3.1.11. Where can I find the other mod versions (3.1.34, 3.1.46, 3.1.61)?
I have how to send

Hello, I own a Phantom 3 SE and would like to use the FCC Mod. Unfortunately, the two links at the beginning of the thread no longer work. Maybe someone else has the file mod_3.1.18_FCC or mod_3.1.34_FCC and can send it to me? I would be very grateful. Written with google translator

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20