Stutter

Reaction score
I am working on trying to kill the green screen, black screen and lag from my p4p to my ipad mini 4. I have turned off video cache while flying, shortened my lightning cable as well as bought one that is super insulated and lowered my frame rate to its lowest setting. It seems to be doing better as I think the green screen is gone and the black screen too. Still experiencing lots of lag. What else can I do or is there anything else I can do it all? Still afraid to go any distance with my P4P for fear of losing signal completely. I've already experienced one flyaway I don't need another.

Hmmm... I just look at some footage from yesterday… stills. Very very blurry and shaky

37BDCD4A-EE3C-46B9-B541-D0C09752F855.png
FC303D7F-1E40-40D2-B281-CB8D4519051B.png

I know I need to calibrate my VPS. Trying now to figure out why my forward sensors work and will calibrate but my downward facing wont.

I had to give up on the mini 4 as the new ipad (2018) fixed any issues.

I wish that DJI would code properly.

I am working on trying to kill the green screen, black screen and lag from my p4p to my ipad mini 4.

I had similar problems in the past and again recently with the FPV video feed when using some underpowered Android devices. Your mini 4 may be struggling to handle the video signal processing, in spite of the steps you've taken. Upgrading to a device with a more powerful/faster processor and more available memory eliminated the problem for me both times. Good luck.

Reactions: Kissthesky
What other screens should I be looking at? The crystal sky is just too expensive and I've read bad things about tablets.

This is a brand new 2018 iPad Mini 4... Are you saying there is no hope?

There is no such thing as a 2018 iPad Mini 4.

The Mini 4 was introduced in 2015 with the A8 processor... afaik, Apple is up to the A10 now.

stills. Very very blurry and shaky

Judging from your screenshot in post #3, that could be because your shutter speed is 1/60 of a second

There is no such thing as a 2018 iPad Mini 4.

The Mini 4 was introduced in 2015 with the A8 processor... afaik, Apple is up to the A10 now.
Hmmmmm....idk...I just bought it from the apple store 2 months ago

That was actually a shot from yesterday of the 3 errors that I was getting because of the vision sensors. I wasn't even concerned with anything else at that moment

Basically... After a long time with no issues at all.

After a DJI Go update: Warning, high cpu use.
This started to happen after a DJI update which had never, ever, happened before.
The next DJI Go Update: Screen started acting funny with green sections and black lines
Oh. I tried various things, researched, posted a few times and found no realistic fix. Reset the mini 4 but decided to sell after the next update.
DJI Go update: Same scenario

Basically whatever changes DJI have made, to the app, has meant that the iPad mini 4 no longer functions as before. The odd things is that not everyone is in the same situation. It's a shame as the mini 4 fit perfectly into the case just in front of the drone. What can we do? Both Apple and DJI WANT us to buy new kit.

If you consider a replacement iPad maybe stay away from the latest ipad (2018). It's missing an anti-reflection coating so I'm having to sell that for an ipad pro (1st gen).

Basically... After a long time with no issues at all.

After a DJI Go update: Warning, high cpu use.
This started to happen after a DJI update which had never, ever, happened before.
The next DJI Go Update: Screen started acting funny with green sections and black lines
Oh. I tried various things, researched, posted a few times and found no realistic fix. Reset the mini 4 but decided to sell after the next update.
DJI Go update: Same scenario

Basically whatever changes DJI have made, to the app, has meant that the iPad mini 4 no longer functions as before. The odd things is that not everyone is in the same situation. It's a shame as the mini 4 fit perfectly into the case just in front of the drone. What can we do? Both Apple and DJI WANT us to buy new kit.

If you consider a replacement iPad maybe stay away from the latest ipad (2018). It's missing an anti-reflection coating so I'm having to sell that for an ipad pro (1st gen).
Great...more money

iOS 12 is supposedly faster than previous releases so waiting until August might provide a solution. Maybe. Heck even DJI might release a new app update etc. You never know.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jorge sanchez