Does adding strobes to your quad appeal to you?

• Total voters
Reaction score
Hello Phantom Pilots

My name is Ryan, owner of MultiRoto a US based manufacturer and designer of the PROLITE strobe and navigation lighting system.

I started out creating lighting solutions for FPV, LOS, and freestyle flying but are expanding the products to include other UAS, UAV, and drones.

I'm looking to the phantom community to gauge your interest in putting strobe and/or navigation lights on your quads.

I will be available here for further discussion should anyone have any questions or suggestions. Also I'm looking for a host phantom to test out a new strobe that will satisfy FC 107 (visible for 3 miles). You'll get a full lighting system ($60+ value) in exchange for mounting the lights on your quad and posing it for me to take some photos. Anyone in the OC/LA area that would be interested to use your quad as my genuine pig? :D

I was just thinking today how nice it would be to have at least an omnidirection strobe on my P4... In overcast days it tends to blend in with the grey sky at a short distance. The ability to spot it quickly would definitely be nice. As long as it does not interfere with the camera and battery life.

I was just thinking today how nice it would be to have at least an omnidirection strobe on my P4... In overcast days it tends to blend in with the grey sky at a short distance. The ability to spot it quickly would definitely be nice. As long as it does not interfere with the camera and battery life.

Most LEDs are omnidirectional and should be fine for short distances, because the P4 lights sit horizontally and points downwards makes it harder to see at certain angles. The prolite strobe kit is super tiny, each individual LEDs are smaller than the obstacle avoidance camera and can be powered externally.

Hi i got these cheap led torchs,,liteweight and bright
1489995067789-337055422.jpg
1489995067789-337055422.jpg
and i have flashin push bike light on back mounted to plastic cam lock that clips on back ,,even out the way of vps,,still wait for strobes from ebay,,i got tablet but i can see these past 1200ft
1489994740635-1280804764.jpg

Is that a flashlight on the lower right corner? Lol. And those light beams look way brighter and should be able to be seen more than 1200 feet? Do you mind sharing the link to the strobes you got?
These r $2 torchs from some $2 shop but good,im by a airport and have already talked to CAA:oops:
1489996506715-1489976492.jpg
this is pic on my phone that my bro sent,he got paypal,,got more comin after this only had one left but heaps to chose from,,by the way this nz ebay,and yeh thats notha one same set up,,works well morning and evening ,less planes about:)

Hello Phantom Pilots

My name is Ryan, owner of MultiRoto a US based manufacturer and designer of the PROLITE strobe and navigation lighting system.

I started out creating lighting solutions for FPV, LOS, and freestyle flying but are expanding the products to include other UAS, UAV, and drones.

I'm looking to the phantom community to gauge your interest in putting strobe and/or navigation lights on your quads.

I will be available here for further discussion should anyone have any questions or suggestions. Also I'm looking for a host phantom to test out a new strobe that will satisfy FC 107 (visible for 3 miles). You'll get a full lighting system ($60+ value) in exchange for mounting the lights on your quad and posing it for me to take some photos. Anyone in the OC/LA area that would be interested to use your quad as my genuine pig? :D
Wow just had a look at wesitegot some good lightweight products,i have a good long look in morning:)

Hello Phantom Pilots

Most LEDs are omnidirectional and should be fine for short distances, because the P4 lights sit horizontally and points downwards makes it harder to see at certain angles. The prolite strobe kit is super tiny, each individual LEDs are smaller than the obstacle avoidance camera and can be powered externally.
Heres a update what i did today
1490164778893623875094.jpg
mounted this strobe to 3xaaa batts was a arc electronic strobe torch which i modify ,the things we do while waitin for parts:)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan