GUIDE: Ultimate GPS tracker setup for Phantom 3

Have you tried this upgrade?

• Total voters
Marco Polo :)

I'm getting one, but only on that tiny chance the GPS tracker doesn't work.
If you read ALL the pros and cons about the MP, you'll see it's not quite the magic bullet it appears to be. Good, but not perfect.

I think I really looked into all the options and the GPS tracker (as long as you are in areas covered by cellular service that is), it's the best. For areas with questionable cellular service, the MP becomes a better option...at least that's my 2 cents.

Having both is best.

I'm getting one, but only on that tiny chance the GPS tracker doesn't work.
If you read ALL the pros and cons about the MP, you'll see it's not quite the magic bullet it appears to be.

I think I really looked into all the options and the GPS tracker (as long as you are in areas covered by cellular service that is), it's the best. For areas with questionable cellular service, the MP becomes a better option...at least that's my 2 cents.
All I know is the one time I needed it because I knocked the transmitter off by accident and had to go back later in the day to locate it, it worked great. :)

Reactions: JKDSensei
I'm getting one because they do work. But I do read a lot of issues with VERY short range issues for example. But overall, another "layer" of location insurance is a good thing.
What if the GPS tracker fails?

The Glonass is nice but this one is specifically made to go in a vehicle, has external harness wiring, and there's something about "strong magnetic" in a lot of the descriptions I read (even though I can't quite figure out what is magnetic from the descriptions). I also think the TK109 has a better battery since it's not just a backup.

I still like the TK109B better for an external, detachable solution. I've been testing the TK109B for about a month now and it just plain works. Very accurate and has not failed to report it's location in probably 100 tests so Glonass is nice to have, but I don't see it as a necessity for this.

Best of all, I can buy just one.

I think they are referring to the GPT09 which is designed to fit on cargo/containers/vehicles using strong magnets.
I've attached two images of the TK11x module. No magnets, nothing special compared to other trackers.
eelink tk119 1-131219200P1a7.jpg eelink tk119 back 1-1312191A331c2.jpg.

Yes, battery is ridiculously small. If more than a couple hours of operation is necessary (why?) an external battery would have to be installed. All the other cables can be removed...

But yes, I can buy one ready for use, not only for the quad but for other purposes. And thats what I did :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan