Stock Phantom 1 Range

Reaction score
So I did a few searches on this and it brought back some pretty old threads.

What is the stock range on the stock tx and phantom? I seem to see mixed feelings on this. Originally I thought that it had a 1000ft range, and I basically haven't flown it more than 800 ft away(according to google maps measuring tool). But on the DJI website it says 1000 meters. I've seen a few people post that they've flown it 1.5km stock. I've also seen people say you shouldn't fly it over 300m away. The default settings for limits is 2000m in the naza software which seems ridiculous.

How far can I fly stock?

The 2000 meters is from recorded home point. That has nothing to do with range from transmitter to Phantom. You may record home point and move a long way as you are flying. You could almost be at the 2000 limit and only 20 feet from the Phantom and it will stop at the virtual wall.

The farthest I ever flew my P1 with stock transmitter/receiver before RTH activated was about 900 meters,2950ft.
That was standing on a hill and flying away in the direction of the downward slope,so no obstructions.
My stock P1 is the model with only one antenna so the dual antenna model may go further.

Hey Uni, just chiming in on this one. My bird is equipped with full FPV gear but just wanted to let you know that my longest flight before RTH kicked in was 1230 meters or 4035 feet. I have a high gain transmitter antenna mod that I hope to install soon, but for now, that's my personal best. I've actually seen others on this forum post greater distances.

Fly safe/fly happy

the most Ive done is approximately 2800 feet. I couldnt see the drone anymore and had to turn off the controller and have it come back on its own. luckily it did.

Yeah i've already been kind of pushing the limits now... I flew it the other day and must've went at least 1500 feet away(not up) and I couldn't see it at all anymore. Luckily I knew the front was faced away from me so I started bring it back backwards and after about 5-10 seconds it was in sight again.

So the range this thing has is much farther than I can see, which is much farther than I'll ever go.

ive lost sight of mine twice and both times it came back after I turned the controller off. just make sure you have the home lock or whatever before taking off.

Just received my Fatshark Pred v2, I reached 3400ft still clear video with airblades antenna. Still had full control of my phantom. -Phantom 1.1.1

So the range this thing has is much farther than I can see, which is much farther than I'll ever go.

Hey Uni, once you move into the realm of FPV, it changes your whole perspective. You're right, why fly so far away that you can't see what the bird is doing, ...UNLESS you have a "bird's eye view"! It really does change how and why you fly. If you ever get ready to take the plunge, there's plenty of guys on here to help you with your decisions...

Fly safe, fly happy

I got my 1.1.1 from BH photo in New York for $350, extra battery and tx 2200mah rechargeable AA's. This bird is totally awesome. Plus the no fly software is not on 1's unlimited flight...

Reactions: JKDSensei

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4