Stock Phantom 1 Range

Hey Uni, once you move into the realm of FPV, it changes your whole perspective. You're right, why fly so far away that you can't see what the bird is doing, ...UNLESS you have a "bird's eye view"! It really does change how and why you fly. If you ever get ready to take the plunge, there's plenty of guys on here to help you with your decisions...

Fly safe, fly happy
I'm definitely looking into FPV. I only fly to film. Unfortunately I'd be bored within 5 minutes if I wasn't filming. I film for the unreal things I could probably never see. Amazing views of rainbows, sunsets, lightning storms, views of the intracoastal...(since i'm surrounded by nothing but that in Florida)

So I went on a night flight the other night. Plugged in the blue lights to the balance connector and just flew it far away. I had no idea how far I had actually gone until I looked at the video. I was amazed. According to google maps it went 3900ft away. Totally in plain sight the entire time. Because it was so visible during that flight the entire time, I never assumed it was that far away.

I got my 1.1.1 from BH photo in New York for $350, extra battery and tx 2200mah rechargeable AA's. This bird is totally awesome. Plus the no fly software is not on 1's unlimited flight...

I got mine for $275.oo from Meh.com
I didn't get the extra battery or the AA's but for the $75.00 diff, I can afford a few extra batteries and plenty rechargable AA's :p

But seriously, I know the P3 has FAR more bells and whistles and someday I'm getting one (or a P4)...but not long ago, the P1 was all the craze and it's STILL an awesome drone :)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl