Still can’t fly higher than 100’ or so either way

Reaction score
This has been an issue for a few years. I don’t touch the drone anymore since this started. I upgraded the firmware against my better judgment and I haven’t been able to fly far at all. It will lose reception from the controller and start flying back. I’d hope by now a fix would be in place.

Ok... I'm not the expert here, but I know what they're gonna ask. What are you flying? Do you know the firmware version you currently have? Are you in beginner mode? What is your Max Altitude/Max distance settings? Gotta have more info if you want help. No offense, and I'm not trying to be rude, and these guys around here are incredibly smart, but they ain't mind readers! Just sayin...?

Brad

One of the really smart ones here can tell you how to downgrade your firmware and maybe fix the problem. May not even be a firmware issue.

This has been an issue for a few years. I don’t touch the drone anymore since this started. I upgraded the firmware against my better judgment and I haven’t been able to fly far at all. It will lose reception from the controller and start flying back. I’d hope by now a fix would be in place.
Sign out of your DJI account in the app, then sign in again.

Reactions: Oso
As shoot4 replied. After update, did you reset your flight limits? In the app? “Enable max distance” it’s talked about in previous post today.

Yes to all questions. I googled any and every possible fix over several days before I decided to sit it on the shelf. Here I am again after at least a year wanting to try to solve this sad issue.

Here is the firmware info.

ec5e560ce54ff1b44092db4d67f63ded.jpg

Last edited:
My one, and only, update got me too. Didn’t work after install, using Assistant. Several calls to Support and finally found someone with an answer. Install did not complete. Started over with the new update, install, finished, Walla, worked perfect. So far so good. Hope you find an answer from all this advice.

The 1.09.0200 is an All in one package to upgrade the FW of the whole system of the P3S(RC,AC and Batteries).
Do not update with nearly empty batteries at all,else the update will not finish successfull.

Sign out of your DJI account in the app, then sign in again.
Everything?
Including what I suggested in post #6?
That was immediately my first thought as well, so I was anxious for him to reply on that yesterday. Considering how often we see it, I still feel like that is the most likely solution based on what we know so far.

Reactions: JoBe
I remember doing this but I will again. I saw an older post that I should have revived. This has been like this for two years.

I’m going out to fly it now. If this doesn’t fix it, should I consider upgrading or down grading to a specific firmware?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues