Flight restriction again

That’s perfect Apilot! Thank you. Question for you, do I just remove current DJI go version and then click down load for the old version on the page you gave me? Don’t I need to download it through the Apple store?

I’ve read all the threads on this issue and followed them for awhile now. I’ve seen what everyone has helped out with to fix this issue. Everyone is a great wealth of information here. I’m hoping you’all can help me finally resolve this issue. I’m ready to fly again.

I’ve done everything everyone said to do to get rid of this restriction to no avail. Log in/ log out, uninstall app, reinstall app, change batteries, fly, don’t fly, turn on, turn off, do it all again, excetra, excetra, and all the other stuff everyone and the videos said to do.

Current Software:
App:3.1.15
A/C 1.4.10
R/C: 1.5.80

I mistakenly updated the software which started the restriction problem. I was able to go back as far as possible for the app & software but I couldn’t get back to where I was. I didn’t see where I could go back any further from what I’ve found listed on here or the help document on here.

Original software was:
App:2.5.1
A/C:1.4.10
R/C:1.3.20

I have been trying not to update any software on anything since it has worked flawlessly since I bought it.

I’d like to ask again what are my options to fix this?

Is there a way to get my app and R/C back to my original software? This is 1st choice.

If not is the only other option to update everything to newest software? Worst option in my opinion.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

View attachment 92668 View attachment 92669
Why are you trying to circumvent the No Fly Rules? If you know your in violation of the ACA Flight Rules then you make the rest of us look made that ply by the rules and fly safe. When I updated to the new firmware and No Fly Restrictions it actually removed 5 mile restrictions from airports down to 1 mile. From 1 mile out another mile on a sloping scale greater than 400 ft on the low end. So your saying you want to fly in the traffic pattern of your local airport or helo pad. With No Fly you still can. Get your commercial sUAS Remote Pilot Certificate from the FAA or your regulatory authority and file a flight plan just like manned aircraft. Contact the local tower and get clearance to fly at a specific date and time. When you have clearance send your info including your name, aircraft registration number, contact information, clearance information to [email protected] and when you log your aircraft onto the dji server (yes you have to have WiFi connection, I carry a hotspot) you will be able to fly in restricted airspace. So rather than flying rouge fly by the rules and if you feel the need to fly at or near a local airport it's possible with valid approved flight plans!

Why are you trying to circumvent the No Fly Rules? If you know your in violation of the ACA Flight Rules then you make the rest of us look made that ply by the rules and fly safe. When I updated to the new firmware and No Fly Restrictions it actually removed 5 mile restrictions from airports down to 1 mile. From 1 mile out another mile on a sloping scale greater than 400 ft on the low end. So your saying you want to fly in the traffic pattern of your local airport or helo pad. With No Fly you still can. Get your commercial sUAS Remote Pilot Certificate from the FAA or your regulatory authority and file a flight plan just like manned aircraft. Contact the local tower and get clearance to fly at a specific date and time. When you have clearance send your info including your name, aircraft registration number, contact information, clearance information to [email protected] and when you log your aircraft onto the dji server (yes you have to have WiFi connection, I carry a hotspot) you will be able to fly in restricted airspace. So rather than flying rouge fly by the rules and if you feel the need to fly at or near a local airport it's possible with valid approved flight plans!
The Op never stated he was trying to circumvent any rules. Just because my FW allows me 6000m height, and NO NFZ at all, doesnt mean that if I was going to fly near an airport, (I just no longer need DJIs permission) I wouldnt get permission from control tower making it legit. Also , keep in mind, that not all who visit this board fall under FAA and are in other countries.
Theres many other thresads on this board on "how to fly safe" and what the procedure is.

The Op never stated he was trying to circumvent any rules. Just because my FW allows me 6000m height, and NO NFZ at all, doesnt mean that if I was going to fly near an airport, (I just no longer need DJIs permission) I wouldnt get permission from control tower making it legit. Also , keep in mind, that not all who visit this board fall under FAA and are in other countries.
That is why I mentioned FAA (think my phone changed it to ACA) or local regulatory authorities. Dji has a business to protect and before we get regulated out of stupidity because you know some won't ever play by the rules dji has provided us some software that prevents us from flying in restricted airspace. They didn't stop us if we play by the rules. They could have been a little clearer in their installation notes but the firmware upgrade did state you would be restricted, not stopped. So they should have provided more info on how to obtain permission to fly in NoFly zones. This applies to airports, stadiums, over crowds of people, restricted airspace etc. Waivers aren't that difficult to file but you will have to put in the time (at least in the USA) to get a Commercial sUAS Remote Pilots Certificate. So for the recreational pilots have fun playing with your drones in unrestricted airspace below 400 feet. For all others seek out your requirements for commercial drone operations to photograph weddings, real estate, roof and building inspections inspections, flying at events and into restricted airspace. Just be responsible and have fun with your drones.

Dji has a business to protect and before we get regulated out of stupidity because you know some won't ever play by the rules dji has provided us some software that prevents us from flying in restricted airspace.They didn't stop us if we play by the rules. .
They (DJI)cant stop it even if we dont play by the rules. Anyone want to circumvent, can build a quad from scratch with NO NFZ at all.
It is not DJIs responsibility to attempt to enforce any regulation because "we dont want a dummy messing it up"

Based on your thought, How would you feel about ALL autos require built in breathalyzer? Because just because some dummy drives drink doesnt intitle auto makers to force compliance on everybody including those who dont break the laws. See the point? Not auto makers responsibility.
Sorry I dont have faith in this Chinese toy company when it comes to safety. That is done at an operator level.

I know your new here, but we have had issues with DJI rolling out FW with issues including NFZ. That is why many STOPPED updating completely.

I usually make sure 4 things are at the current level. You only mentioned 3. The forth is the operating system of the device you are using ... iPhone, iPad, Android phone/tablet, Epson BT-300 or what ever you are using.

BarryWilson,

Thanks for replying with the well known regulations of flying these wonderful machines but you completely misunderstood my issue. If you reread my initial statements my issue is with a flight altitude and distance restriction of 30 and 50 meters respectively many of us here have had due to some sort of software mismatch or other issue. This has absolutely nothing to do with No Fly Rules or restricted airspace. I am not flying near an airport, over 400 feet, or near any other restricted airspace.

Not sure where in the world you thought I wanted to fly in the traffic pattern of my local airport or helo pad.

I get an error message of the altitude and distance restriction which is 30 and 50 meters respectively. That equates in feet to only 98 feet altitude and 164 feet distance. My drone stops when it reaches those distances so I cannot fly let’s say to 100 feet altitude. I’m sure you would agree here in the states we are allowed to fly farther than that. I am not wanting to violate anything. I would just like to fly to at least what everyone else can fly to.

For your information I only fly my drone recreationally although I am a pilot but I do not wish to turn my drone work into a commercial venture.

I fly mostly at my acreage which is out in the middle of no where and no where near restricted areas.

If you would like to learn more of this specific error do a search on the forum and you can learn a lot.

Please read the posts completely and thoroughly before commenting.

Thanks

I usually make sure 4 things are at the current level. You only mentioned 3. The forth is the operating system of the device you are using ... iPhone, iPad, Android phone/tablet, Epson BT-300 or what ever you are using.

Russ,

I’m using an IPAD Pro 12.9” with IOS 11.2.1

Thanks

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20