Flight restriction again

DCB

Reaction score
I’ve read all the threads on this issue and followed them for awhile now. I’ve seen what everyone has helped out with to fix this issue. Everyone is a great wealth of information here. I’m hoping you’all can help me finally resolve this issue. I’m ready to fly again.

I’ve done everything everyone said to do to get rid of this restriction to no avail. Log in/ log out, uninstall app, reinstall app, change batteries, fly, don’t fly, turn on, turn off, do it all again, excetra, excetra, and all the other stuff everyone and the videos said to do.

Current Software:
App:3.1.15
A/C 1.4.10
R/C: 1.5.80

I mistakenly updated the software which started the restriction problem. I was able to go back as far as possible for the app & software but I couldn’t get back to where I was. I didn’t see where I could go back any further from what I’ve found listed on here or the help document on here.

Original software was:
App:2.5.1
A/C:1.4.10
R/C:1.3.20

I have been trying not to update any software on anything since it has worked flawlessly since I bought it.

I’d like to ask again what are my options to fix this?

Is there a way to get my app and R/C back to my original software? This is 1st choice.

If not is the only other option to update everything to newest software? Worst option in my opinion.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

F6EEF078-F3BF-448B-9069-D1540E7A22F8.png
D900608B-A595-4319-AFBE-6406FD3EAB86.png

Have you actually flown the aircraft to see if the restriction is real? I get that exact warning every flight with my Mavic, due, I think, to using later software with earlier firmware. But it flies just fine - the restriction does not really exist.

I’ve read all the threads on this issue and followed them for awhile now. I’ve seen what everyone has helped out with to fix this issue. Everyone is a great wealth of information here. I’m hoping you’all can help me finally resolve this issue. I’m ready to fly again.

I’ve done everything everyone said to do to get rid of this restriction to no avail. Log in/ log out, uninstall app, reinstall app, change batteries, fly, don’t fly, turn on, turn off, do it all again, excetra, excetra, and all the other stuff everyone and the videos said to do.

Current Software:
A/C 1.4.10

I mistakenly updated the software which started the restriction problem. I was able to go back as far as possible for the app & software but I couldn’t get back to where I was. I didn’t see where I could go back any further from what I’ve found listed on here or the help document on here.

Original software was:

I have been trying not to update any software on anything since it has worked flawlessly since I bought it.

Is there a way to get my app and R/C back to my original software? This is 1st choice.

If not is the only other option to update everything to newest software? Worst option in my opinion.

Thanks

View attachment 92668 View attachment 92669
I read here that if only your app is updated but the firmware is not, you get the flight distance warning message (since app is updated) but can ignore it because it doesn't really restrict you since AC is not updated. You can still fly beyond the limits. I think it was a post from oso. I'll try to find it.

Have you tried to just ignore the message and fly beyond 50 meters?

Reactions: godrocksu
I read here that if only your app is updated but the firmware is not, you get the flight distance warning message (since app is updated) but can ignore it because it doesn't really restrict you since AC is not updated. You can still fly beyond the limits. I think it was a post from oso. I'll try to find it.

Have you tried to just ignore the message and fly beyond 50 meters?
I found it. Here is what he wrote:

Additional important notes:
If only your app is updated but not the FW, you should expect to see a 30m/50m flight restriction warning. We have had several reports by people noting that they get a warning about the limits, they are not enforced and they fly right through the warned distances without issue. Here is an example of someone on FW 1.8, but gets the warning message. Again, these are people who have updated only their app but not the FW.

Link
RC issue after firmware update??

I have flown the bird every time I tried to fix it and it stops at the restricted distances every time.

My recommendation would be to remove DJI Go "completely", and install 2.9.1 or older version of Go. Should remove your issue. If you update the fw, then you subject yourself to the new system.

Not sure what you mean. I’m not in any type of restricted airspace if that’s what you mean.
You dont need to be in restricted airspace for that notice. DJI has done this to try to get owners to update to newer fw, because some of the older fw were unencrypted and we got into them. They have tried to make the fw where once updated to newer versions, its much harder to roll back.

So now the cat and mouse game begins.
Either use older Go, or update fw and deal with new NFZ system.

Current Software: App:3.1.15 A/C 1.4.10 R/C: 1.5.80
Original software was: App:2.5.1 A/C:1.4.10 R/C:1.3.20

(This was my favorite FW for a long time as well. Mine flew Perfect with this )

(PM Me and I can help you roll it back)
(Yes)

Thanks

I have flown the bird every time I tried to fix it and it stops at the restricted distances every time.
Maybe since you went to 1.11 already some sort of permanent code was installed. Seems to track. Sorry I couldn't help

Maybe since you went to 1.11 already some sort of permanent code was installed. Seems to track. Sorry I couldn't help
Op never stated exactly how far "updated" he went. Based on his post, I wouldnt think he updated FW past 1.5, but its hard to say. Most people who update to 1.11 and roll back get m0800/ m1500 errors and would not even be able to connect as the Op here did.

Current Software:
A/C 1.4.10

Original software was:

Reactions: DCB
Sorry if I wasn’t clear enough.

Software as of 29 Sept 2017:
App: 3.1.15
RC: 1.3.20
A/C: 1.4.10

On 30 sept 2017 I upgraded ONLY THE RC:
RC: 1.9.2

New restriction started

Next day On 1 Oct 2017 I downgraded the RC software as far back as was available from help on this forum:
RC: 1.5.80

Thanks

Delete ALL files in regards to DJI Go, and install an older version (2.4.2 - 2.9.1). Let us know if it works.

Delete ALL files in regards to DJI Go, and install an older version (2.4.2 - 2.9.1). Let us know if it works.

I would love to go back to GO 2.5.1. I couldn’t find it anywhere. Can you post where I can find and install that older GO version?

Thanks

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4