Solid red rear LEDs when starting MC. Red and green FAST blinking after calibration!

Reaction score
Hi guys!

First post and first Phantom!

I bought a used Phantom the other day and i have not got it to fly yet! FRUSTRATED!

1: I start det RC, then the MC....goes through "boot-up" with all colors. Then it just turns SOLID RED REAR LCDs! If i calibrate it (flipping S1) then do the dance, it start to blink really rapidly red and green.

2: If i start the MC without RC on, it goes through "boot-up" with all colors. Then a yellow slow blinking (searching for RC?) And as soon as i start the RC i turns Solid red again.

Any ideas how to fix it? Ive checked the GPS (not cracked). ive have put on another compass. I've done a hard reset with newest firmware on it.
Ohh one more thing...i know that i have a original battery, but the Assistant says that its not a "DJI intelligent battery"...also on the screen if i connect the app to the camera.

So badly want this to work!
Thankful for everything!

Best regards,
Robin

What does your app say on the screen? Screen shot it.
What does your Phantom assist software say when you plug into a PC? Use a laptop at the take area to assess.

Could many things.
Could be your remote sticks active when turned on.
Could be still searching for sats.
Could be compass influenced by environment - taking off on concrete or on your car.
Could be an airport near by.
Could be an IMU required becuase it was poorly transported or crashed by the previous user.

Download the online manual and read it 3 times before attempt to fly. Your first flight can be your last.

Hi Mako79!

The app just says "Invalid Battery" (attached photo).
And i'll also attach everything the assist says.
Im at my home PC while im doing this....

My remote reponds on every move.
If it searches for sats, isnt it blinking yellow?
Might be compass. I'll try this today.
im JUST outside a no-fly zone, can i be that?
What IMU required? Ive done the advanced in the assist.

As soon as the phantom works, i'll read EVERYTHING about it before flight:)

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    268.1 KB · Views: 475
  • 2.png
    2.png
    74.5 KB · Views: 474
  • 12358116_10153439996424751_2141980343_n.jpg
    12358116_10153439996424751_2141980343_n.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 419
Hi Mako79!

Thanks in advance!

Since this is used and you don't know history or how much it was used maybe the Battery is truly invalid.
As in no good and unable to provide sufficient power for the craft to power up completely.

Can you get hold of another battery to check?

Hi Mako79!

Thanks in advance!
Your compass is showing mod value 0. That's bad. It can show 0 if its not plugged in or if the antenna puck is cracked. If the motors dont start at all then the compass is not plugged in or damaged. However the motors can start if the puck is cracked. Another way to check is to look at the upgrade firmware page on the phantom assistant program. If its showing 0.0.0.0 for compass firmware then its not detecing the compass hardware.

Edit. I just realised from your attachment that the compass firmware is visible. Looks more like a cracked antenna plug. 5 dollar fix if can solder. And make sure you get a 4mm puck to get better and faster sat pickup. Someone will chime in for a linky.

Hey.

Antenna plug? Where is that located?
Ive checker the gps on the "lid" and that is not cracked.

....ive tried to find this antenna puck you are talking about but cant find it anywhere as a spare part. Could someone please link me to a page with that part? And maybe find a picture of it and Where it is located on the phantom 2 vision+?

....ive tried to find this antenna puck you are talking about but cant find it anywhere as a spare part. Could someone please link me to a page with that part? And maybe find a picture of it and Where it is located on the phantom 2 vision+?

The plug is the 4 pin cable that comes from the top shell and is loosely connected to the mainboard.

Read the entire thread or search 4mm GPS.
Phantom 2 Vision+ GPS Upgrade -FANTASTIC!!! | DJI Phantom Forum

How to:

By the way.. does your motors still start??

Hi i thanks for the video!

Ive checked that "ceramic puck" and that is not cracked.
Still think its that?

No i cant get the motorn to start up. Its just a solid red light when it has Done the initiallizion light...:(

Hi i thanks for the video!

Ive checked that "ceramic puck" and that is not cracked.
Still think its that?

No i cant get the motorn to start up. Its just a solid red light when it has Done the initiallizion light...:(
It sounds more like the GPS isn't plugged in or just dead. Red lights and motors not starting up is usually the symptom of dead GPS receiver.

Hi.

I literally just ordered a new puck...the 4mm as you Said. Is it bettet because it is thicker and doesnt break that easy? I Will dissasemble My phantom today to look closer at it as i Also need to fix my "not dji intelligent battery" issue.....:(

For the battery issue check the small spring loaded pin on the battery connector push them in/out make sure its spring loaded,and clean the pins and contacts. If those pins dont make a good contact it will give you that message. Also check the small battery wire attached to those pins, if it damaged or unplugged same message

Hi Mako79!

Thanks in advance!

I just went through the the same thing. I was advised to clean the battery contacts with alcohol and make sure you have drained the battery to 8% after 20 charges.

Well did yours work afterwards? Ive cleaned the contact but not drained the battery

inside the bird there is a connector that runs from the battery to the main board. besides the power wires (black and red).
that connector is a two pin and i am assuming here but not knowing the history of the bird i am thinking that connector is unplugged or broken off.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav