Solid Red after GPS Calibration

Reaction score
So i work at a church and a buddy of mine gave me his drone after he left for collage. He said it had some issues with it and it needed some repairs. We are trying to put it to use for b-roll and other footage but it needs some work done on it. I dont know a thing about drones or how to fly them but i decided to start with reading the manual. As i was going through the setup process i ran in to my first problem. Im going through the GPS Calibration and after the vertical part it turns solid red. I don't know what this means but i know from videos that it should turn yellow then followed by green blinking. Any help is appreciated!

Im going through the GPS Calibration and after the vertical part it turns solid red. I don't know what this means but i know from videos that it should turn yellow then followed by green blinking.
First, you are talking about calibrating the compass (there's no way to calibrate the GPS).
Is there a reason that you are trying to calibrate the compass?
It's rare that it needs to be done.

So it know to go back home batt go low
So you are just trying to recalibrate the compass because you thought it was a good idea.
Compass calibration has nothing to do with the drone returning when the battery is low.
I'd suggest forgetting about trying to recalibrate the compass for now.
The drone will tell you if it's ever necessary.

Sorry for the late reply everyone. I hope everyone is still following this. I meant to say the compass not GPS. My friend gave me the drone and said it wont fly but he didnt know why. So im going through the initial setup from the manual and and i started to calabrate the compass and after i finished rotating it vertically it turns solid red. From videos online it shows them turning solid yelowl for a second then rapid blinking green. It wont do this so im trying to find out whats wrong. I know that not why it wont fly, i just want to go through the steps and fix it along the way.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan