Solar storms this week

Reaction score
P3 Standards are not immune to solar weather. Mine was acting obnoxious today, it took a long time to lock-on to 7 sats and even then it was not flying nicely. I have to look at NASA Geomagnetic forecasts more often.

P3 Standards are not immune to solar weather. Mine was acting obnoxious today, it took a long time to lock-on to 7 sats and even then it was not flying nicely. I have to look at NASA Geomagnetic forecasts more often.
Any problem you noticed was due to something else.
Despite solar weather issues coming up frequently, there's never been any effect on Phantoms that could be confirmed as a result of solar activity.

With the number of drones being used nowdays, you'd expect to hear many accounts of problems if there was something to this.

Reactions: dirkclod
Back before 2014 we had to be careful with some other brands of sUAS and this type of "Event". I was flying a Blade 350 QX (later QX2 and then QX3) and all of them would have navigation issues and of course RTH that would be WAY off but only for a few hours. There would be times when the aircraft wouldn't "initialize" because not enough satellites or not strong enough satellite signals. Again this was for a short period of times. We watched the K-Index fairly closely on a daily (or more) basis.

When we switched over to DJI their components, for whatever reason, were more solid and robust and I've yet to have the slightest of issue with any solar events. I couldn't even tell you the last time I even paid attention to a K-Index reading.

Rare enough that I don't know what a solar storm scientifically means :p DJI drones are like the Apples of Drones; probably the best looking IMO, but expensive, but high quality, but some limited features (miniscule)?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20