So what makes them so special that they are above the rules?

Reaction score
I saw on tv where there is now deliveries in the US by drones. I’ll use my grandson as the excuse as not remembering the company’s name. The craft looked powerful. It dropped a long line to the ground to deliver the package.

I have my belief that flying below treetops is safe in most any situation. I don’t see why realities even have to have a license. My toy drone Holy Stone can fly over 200 ft straight up. So why the rules? Is an airliner going to fly below the treetops? I can get a strong rebuttal from many for my statements. So how can we belittle the rules? We are to fly within VLOS so we can avoid other maned aircraft which is a no brainer right. People’s lives takes precedence over an unmanned drone. Maybe!

Not when it comes to big business! They’ll slip it in on you at first, it is a medical importance. It is to maintain safety. This is done by skilled people with a proven track record. Beyond sight is beyond sight. The crop duster or the medical helicopter can’t distinguish a toy drone, recreational, mapping drone from these delivery drones flying beyond VLOS. Money talks big.

I see the rules getting more strict on maned aircraft not flying in drone airspace. We will get to the point of, drones flying into drones. Well officer, “I was taking a selfie with my Spark, when this Pizza Hut drone flew by. Immanuel Velikovski wrote a book called “Ages in Chaos” If only he would have seen today.

Totally agree on that, yes anything can happen beyond there view etc ,crash,bird strike ,malfunction of craft,,auto landing might become problem from those clever battery's,,,guaranteed there be a news story every night on drone collision or injury,,yip $$$$$$ game here too, and domino's has good track record,,,I like pizza but not on the roof,,look at this chaps face
20190426_122643.jpg

Totally agree on that, yes anything can happen beyond there view etc ,crash,bird strike ,malfunction of craft,,auto landing might become problem from those clever battery's,,,guaranteed there be a news story every night on drone collision or injury,,yip $$$$$$ game here too, and domino's has good track record,,,I like pizza but not on the roof,,look at this chaps faceView attachment 110847
I guess that pizza was "on the house"..lol

Order a taco, grab the line, and pull down a free drone. Yeah, like that will ever work.
Yeah. I’m sure they’ll be some attempts. But once you have it you can’t do anything with it.

Along with your personal info they’ll likely have your picture too.

Beyond the rules? If it’s anything like the trial running here in Australia they will have obtained special approval from the air safety regulators.
Yes, I understand getting special approval. What I don’t understand is, it is Okay to fly beyond VLOS. How is that Okay? It never takes away the danger of that. How can they punish me for doing it? It must be Okay. If it was dangerous, they wouldn’t let anyone do it. I guess it makes it Okay to fly over people now. There isn’t any danger to it. That is BS. A rule was made for a good reason, it’s putting people in jeopardy. How does money or politics take away the hazards of it?

Yes, I understand getting special approval. What I don’t understand is, it is Okay to fly beyond VLOS. How is that Okay? It never takes away the danger of that. How can they punish me for doing it? It must be Okay. If it was dangerous, they wouldn’t let anyone do it. I guess it makes it Okay to fly over people now. There isn’t any danger to it. That is BS. A rule was made for a good reason, it’s putting people in jeopardy. How does money or politics take away the hazards of it?
An obvious assumption we might safely make here is that the FAA in granting the approval was satisfied the proposed operations (including autonomous operation outside VLOS) will present a low level of risk.

There is little doubt the UAV employed are significantly more reliable than hobby grade phantoms. Communication links probaly utilise Cellular and/or satellite links for long range operation. There will be higher grade components with multiple redundancies and failsafes.

We might find the FAA (like CASA in Australia) is working directly with the operators in implementing a collision avoidance system to ensure safe integration with other commercial and civilian aviation.

Order a taco, grab the line, and pull down a free drone. Yeah, like that will ever work.
I suspect your assumption is right- I’m sure they had considered this prospect (including that the deployment line might get snagged) and there would be an operator assisted or automated system to drop the line in these circumstances.

An obvious assumption we might safely make here is that the FAA in granting the approval was satisfied the proposed operations (including autonomous operation outside VLOS) will present a low level of risk.

There is little doubt the UAV employed are significantly more reliable than hobby grade phantoms. Communication links probaly utilise Cellular and/or satellite links for long range operation. There will be higher grade components with multiple redundancies and failsafes.

We might find the FAA (like CASA in Australia) is working directly with the operators in implementing a collision avoidance system to ensure safe integration with other commercial and civilian aviation.
Yes they would seem like obvious assumptions. I hope you are right. Sometimes we get into trouble, because assumptions are assumptions. Lol

Well to me $$$$$$$$$ can afford to go to court,normal public find this a challenge so white collar always win,,one sided ,they just chuck some money around to make them look good while us privateers get the ""oh you can't do that"""be very interesting to see what rules come in near future,,,I hope this not mean we all slowly get shut down in years to come,it's great and now government departments sticking their beaks in to make it hard for the rest of us....yes anyway aren't rules made to be broken,,,,(I don't it's just a saying)

Thinking that when drones become a daily occurrence the stigma of being a spy or perv will disappear. Cinda like when the horseless carrage arrived. They we're frowned upon.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.