So there's "this friend of mine" & lights across the street

Reaction score
Picture walking out your front door. It's winter in Wyoming with snow and ice everywhere. :(

You are blinded by the floodlights on the pole in the parking lot across the street. :( :(

You've politely asked one of the really big uppidie ups at the business - on the phone, via their website email, and in person - to point the floodlights down so you can see if you are going to step on ice on your front step. :)

You get sunshine shown up your you know what, but no resolution. :cry:

They've done nothing but replace the light which was hit by lightning. :x

No adjustment whatsoever to reduce the light shining on your door. :x :x

Let's eliminate the options of using a very small high speed projectile to disable the lights and go from there. ;)

Any thoughts - serious or otherwise - are appreciated? :D

Re: So there's "this friend of mine" & lights across the str

I would think that is a safety hazard that you may be able to approach the city about. If someone get hurts because they are blinded by these lights and cannot see properly, that responsibility should fall on the company that manages the lot.

From my past years in retail, depending on the company/office that uses the lot, they may not own it. Some companies will lease the lots to the buildings so in turn, the people working inside have no control over the lot. You may need to track down the company that manages the lot to get something really done.

tgreenstone said:
I would think that is a safety hazard that you may be able to approach the city about. If someone get hurts because they are blinded by these lights and cannot see properly, that responsibility should fall on the company that manages the lot.

From my past years in retail, depending on the company/office that uses the lot, they may not own it. Some companies will lease the lots to the buildings so in turn, the people working inside have no control over the lot. You may need to track down the company that manages the lot to get something really done.

Nice,

One of the first discussions with Mr. Uppidie included being blinded by the light and the ice/slipping hazard. I thought that conversation really got his attention when he said "well, we don't need anyone getting injured over this".

Yep, they own the lot and and all property that surrounds the light.

"My friend" was trying to work directly with the business to keep from getting anyone else involved. The issue will probably make the newspaper if the city gets involved. It's a really small town.

Load your quadcopter up with a drape, and use channel 7 to release it once it is positoned over the offending bulb. That should take the sting out of that terawatt bulb :)

DaveTown said:
Load your quadcopter up with a drape, and use channel 7 to release it once it is positoned over the offending bulb. That should take the sting out of that terawatt bulb :)

I second that, forget getting the city involved. Ninja attack the thing.

It sucks but it only takes one person to get seriously hurt and it will just spiral out of control.

Good Luck!

samteeeee said:
http://elitedaily.com/humor/neighbors-legendary-argument-floodlight/

Funny stuff. I would have read more of it but the ads were overwhelming.

I've got a couple thousand watts of LED floodlights I could point that way but then my buddy would be the bad guy. I'm sure someone would be injured by my blinding lights, then my buddy would have to move to another state.

I wonder what picture I should paint on the drape? :eek:

samteeeee said:
http://elitedaily.com/humor/neighbors-legendary-argument-floodlight/

I was laughing so hard, I've got tears in my eyes... that's awesome... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl