So much unhapiness on the P4 forum

Pay attention to issues that are connected to a large number of people. There are so many possibilities that can be reason for fault when it comes from a few incidents.

Btw, you would be much better off posting more positively then pointing out things you are far off about.

Lets not start dissing each other ay, we're all phantom owners and own and enjoy(hopefully) using arguably the best drone on the market, many P4ers probably started out with P3's maybe even 1s and 2s, some may of jumped straight into a P4, some may not be able to afford a P4, I'm more than happy with my P3A, in the 5 months of owning my first ever drone it has not missed a beat, always updated without fuss, never a hint of a Flyaway, always did as i commanded and even flown out 2 miles without a hitch, that'll all do for me right now, if in the future i decide i want collision avoidance and track me then I'll weigh up the P4, IMO they're both a wonder of technology and will only get better with time

Stop the bitching and enjoy your phantoms - whichever one you have!

Reactions: Numone and Wibble
No buddy that was one way! I could have easily gone to 23k probably. But I was pushing the battery. Go look at the P4 leaderboard! I'm only number 14!

The P4 build quality is like that of a Ferrari, and the P3, is nice and capable, but has way more issues than the P4...

What's the P3's known issues?
1. FRAGILE!
2. Plastic Cracking from stress and poor design
3. Battery fault that caused many to fall out of the sky or "go black" and drop
4. Hard landing? Bend the gimbal! Over needs a new one
5. Exposed gimbal and ribbon cables
6. Lots of fly away's
7. Battery not as advertised
8. Distance not as advertised
9. Gimbal buzz
10. Props in camera view

p4
1. Battery time not as advertised
2. Distance not as advertised
3. Gimbal buzz
4. Props in camera
5. Some batteries won't charge to 100%, but P3 was the same way
6. Prop mount screws loosens up...

Let's really start a list! And a the price isn't a factor because most people that bought a P3 paid the same or similar price when they got it.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

You are using the DBS Mod.
I really don't see a point in range comparisions with things that have been modded!!!

Man.. Pretty funny reading how crappy my P3 is... Lol. I couldn't disagree more. I did develop one hairline crack after 1M feet of flight. RMA and had it back with a new shell in 5 days was a small inconvenience but nothing more. End of the day I have enough in the wallet to upgrade to the 4 if I wanted to but... Didn't because there isn't enough of an upgrade to make me jump at it. I can wait for there to be real improvements or a true upgrade. That said.. The 4 is a better product how much better.... Not enough for me. If I just had to have a new one I would probably go Yuneec TH.

Reactions: Numone
If you get your opinions from reading forum posts you have to exercise caution and filter them to get the truth.
There's a lot of myth and misunderstanding out there and not everyone that posts to a forum really knows what they are talking about.

When it comes to flyaways, although the P4 is very good, my reading of incident reports leads me to believe that there have been a few more for the P4 than the P3.

The P4 is too new for all the problems to have surfaced yet.
There are bound to be more reported problems with the P3 as far more have been sold.
It is almost impossible to find out the TRUTH about the P4 because there are so many evangelical owners who have never experienced anyhting else.

The P4 is too new for all the problems to have surfaced yet.
There are bound to be more reported problems with the P3 as far more have been sold.
It is almost impossible to find out the TRUTH about the P4 because there are so many evangelical owners who have never experienced anyhting else.
Really?? That is hard to believe. Im a Phantom 3 owner and I would believe that the 4 is the more reliable bird.

I'm one that always likes to jump on the "latest and greatest" yet much to my surprise, I made the decision to hold off on the P4 since most of its innovative features weren't something that appeared to be useful for me. I love the P4s design and I would absolutely agree that it's design is a big improvement over a P3 however, I figured I'd end up eventually buying one either due to the loss of my P3P or just simply an impulse purchase. Like many, I have a fairly significant investment in Phantom gear, none of which will fit a P4 therefore, this must be considered as well.
When I lost my P3P last month and was awaiting a decision from DJI In regards to warranty, I did some research and finally pulled the trigger on an Inspire 1 Pro. To me, this wasn't just a small upgrade, but a huge step up into an entirely different platform. DJI eventually did replace my Phanton and owning/flying these two birds allows for such a different experience however, I'm not sure if I prefer one over the other, I love them both. I can't imagine there being that signifcant a difference in flying a P3 and a P4, reason enough to stick with your P3 until a need arises to make the change.

Last edited:
Reactions: Numone and Fplvert
Man.. Pretty funny reading how crappy my P3 is... Lol. I couldn't disagree more. I did develop one hairline crack after 1M feet of flight. RMA and had it back with a new shell in 5 days was a small inconvenience but nothing more. End of the day I have enough in the wallet to upgrade to the 4 if I wanted to but... Didn't because there isn't enough of an upgrade to make me jump at it. I can wait for there to be real improvements or a true upgrade. That said.. The 4 is a better product how much better.... Not enough for me. If I just had to have a new one I would probably go Yuneec TH.

How many RMA's on the P4 for cracking or design failure in the fit and finish?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I never said P3's are "crappy" I had two and loved them... Other than one them falling out of the sky one day, and having to wait for DJI to fix two months later, I absolutely loved them. This post was made by someone talking crap... Basically saying how he's happy everyone was so unhappy, and that he never got a P4. I am saying, why? The P3 had as many if not more known issues than the P4... Maybe time will tell... But that is totally true. We all hear about everything from "My P4 or P3 battery LED's are not as bright as my other battery" to My Prop fell off... But for know the P3 is leading the pack as far as issues. So the P4 is a good Drone for the price, for now.

From what I can see the P4 isn't much of a leap if you have people constantly wondering should I buy a P4. Going from a P2 to a P3 was a massive leap. Sadly the P4 is at best only a little bit better than a P3.
Maybe the P5 will be the giant leap again we shall see.

I never said P3's are "crappy" I had two and loved them... Other than one them falling out of the sky one day, and having to wait for DJI to fix two months later, I absolutely loved them. This post was made by someone talking crap... Basically saying how he's happy everyone was so unhappy, and that he never got a P4. I am saying, why? The P3 had as many if not more known issues than the P4... Maybe time will tell... But that is totally true. We all hear about everything from "My P4 or P3 battery LED's are not as bright as my other battery" to My Prop fell off... But for know the P3 is leading the pack as far as issues. So the P4 is a good Drone for the price, for now.

Maybe P3 is at the lead in issues because they are more. Issues are directly proportional to the number of phantoms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic