Smart Return-to-Home?

Reaction score
I'm new to the Phantom 3 Advanced and I'm trying to figure out what this button means. It's in the new DJI Go App 2.8.3 version. It's on the Main Controller Settings > Advanced Settings. I've looked in the manual and there is no mention of it. I have always left it on but I would like to know what it does if anyone knows?

thumb_IMG_3313_1024.jpg

Thanks in advanced.

it turns on rth

When enabled, your Phantom will start automatically returning home when it detects it only has enough battery left to make it back to the home point. The DJI GO app will display a message and allow you to cancel that return if you'd like. When disabled, it only disables smart RTH. The failsafe RTH functions will still work.

It works very well. I tried my longest ever flight. Almost 15,000'. RTH warning came on before I ever lost signal. I let it come back. It was overhead at exactly 30% not bad at all considering my P3 had flown almost 5.5 miles in total.

When enabled, your Phantom will start automatically returning home when it detects it only has enough battery left to make it back to the home point. The DJI GO app will display a message and allow you to cancel that return if you'd like. When disabled, it only disables smart RTH. The failsafe RTH functions will still work.
Quick question. Phantom 3 standard. When rc signal lost and app says disconnected and I have no telemetry and blank screen,will it still rth?

When rc signal lost and app says disconnected and I have no telemetry and blank screen,will it still rth?
RTH is auto initiated 3 seconds have the remote controller signal disconnects. It doesn't matter what's on the screen and/or even if your mobile device is powered on.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20