small question

usable or not?

• usable

• not usable

Results are only viewable after voting.
Reaction score
Hi everyone, today i made the mistake of flying my P4P inside my garage with not a lot of ligth, many of you will know what happened just by saying that but for the ones that don't know, when you fly with low ligth, the sensor facing down on the drone doens't know where the floor is so it drifts away,
luckily I got the drone down before major damage could happend but anyway the propellors got hit on the wall hard and some of them have a dent, should I not use them or they are ok to use?

the propellors got hit on the wall hard and some of them have a dent, should I not use them or they are ok to use?
You should replace any of them that appear to be damaged or that you know struck an object.

Reactions: potxman007
You can never be too safe with props. If you use a damaged prop and it flies off mid-flight, your Phantom will drop like a rock.

many of you will know what happened just by saying that but for the ones that don't know, when you fly with low ligth, the sensor facing down on the drone doens't know where the floor is so it drifts away,
Enough light isn't the only requirement for safe indoor flight. When indoors you also need a floor with a pattern or something for the downward facing cameras to focus on. A one color garage floor with no pattern may not work, even with adequate light. Likewise, carpet absorbs sonar sound waves and this may impair the altitude steadiness when flying indoors.

Enough light isn't the only requirement for safe indoor flight. When indoors you also need a floor with a pattern or something for the downward facing cameras to focus on. A one color garage floor with no pattern may not work, even with adequate light. Likewise, carpet absorbs sonar sound waves and this may impair the altitude steadiness when flying indoors.
Hi John, in the setting for VPS on/off it says uses vps when GPS has poor or no signal. Is it safe to assume that if you have sufficient GPS, 8 or above the bird can hover steady even when VPS is blind within the 10m altitude range? I have experimented outdoors at night with poor light and have not experienced any hovering anomaly. Other quads with just GPS can hover steady. I wish DJI uses VPS as a backup of GPS when at below 10m because of VPS known limitations.

Hi John, in the setting for VPS on/off it says uses vps when GPS has poor or no signal. Is it safe to assume that if you have sufficient GPS, 8 or above the bird can hover steady even when VPS is blind within the 10m altitude range? I have experimented outdoors at night with poor light and have not experienced any hovering anomaly. Other quads with just GPS can hover steady. I wish DJI uses VPS as a backup of GPS when at below 10m because of VPS known limitations.
VPS aids GPS navigation, works when it's close enough to the ground. If you have adequate GPS signal it will hover fine, if not you may be able to hover steady with VPS if the ground distance, texture and lighting requirements are met.

So basically what John's saying is don't fly indoors because there are too many ifs and too many things that need to be right lol

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic