Show off your CUSTOM, MODIFIED, TRICKED OUT Phantoms

Just finished mine up today too. OrangeRX R910 and OrangeRX T-SIX radio. ;)

Wirewolf903 said:
I just finished Installing an orange 8CH Fasst RX in my phantom to use with my T10CHG. The Phantom 2.4 is ok but I missed the feel of my Futaba! I had to watch a couple YouTube videos to get me through it. The servo wire that plugs into the x3 of the Naza is what powers the Naza and RX. The rest is pretty much straight forward. Then figuring out the OrangeRX fail safe took me a while but once I found out I needed to set it up through the RX and not the Futaba it was no problem. I've flown these Orange RX now for a couple years and get a better range then my Futaba 14Ch. You can't beat diversity RX dual antennas! I tested it out and all works great including the FS RTH. I'll post some pics of the Instal after work is anyone is interested. The orange RX sits very nice right on top of the stock RX hole. I added a little Velcro to make sure it stays put. I ran the two antenna out the leg ports and down the skids. I'm waiting for my FPV gear to arrive so I can test out the range. I'd be completely satisfied with 1 mile LOS. I don't fly 1 mile out but I do FPV and like to drop in under tree lines and trails and if I can get 1 mile LOS I shouldn't have a problem with 1/4 mile with obstructions, well so I hope. :D

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 2,215
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 2,158
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 2,149
Got in some more detailed testing today...

This RX and the OrangeRX Transmitter have tremendous range! Seems like a rock solid connection, even over great distances.

Attachments

• p1190677.jpg
    p1190677.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 1,815
  • p1190667.jpg
    p1190667.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 1,799
Wirewolf903 said:
Anyone wanting to show off their custom painted, tricked out, or modified Phantoms to allow others to see what possibles in customization.

I'll start with my painted Phantom in a flat tan with flat black markings to mark the front. I have never liked the white and hope in the future DJI makes some other color options.

That's one good looking Phantom u got ! What kind of paint did u use for it ?

For using an alternate transmitter, I have an OrangeRx t-six and was thinking to try to convert my Phantom's receiver to an OrangeRX 910 as SacD but I thought I could set it up using the Sbus of the Naza to the Sbus on the 910 (Did you try that SacD) I see everyone is using the standard individual servo ports. Anyone know if it"s possible to use the Sbus on the Orange RX 910,or any other receiver with Sbus?

Here's a picture of my modded Phantom.
9x5 CF props and VGE anti-vibe mount with PhantoMount accessory tray.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 2,932
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    141.2 KB · Views: 2,879
Is this a MOD or a TRICKED photoshop phantom ? :lol:

sazezb.jpg

LOOKS WAY COOLER WITHOUT THE LANDING SKIDS.

Anyone know if it"s possible to use the Sbus on the Orange RX 910,or any other receiver with Sbus?

Yes, some of us are using Futaba receivers with S-bus.

You have to enable it in the Naza Assistant software, by selecting "D-bus".
OK for Futaba, but how about the OrangrRX receiver, (710 or 910) still trying to varify if anyone had success with these using S-bus/D-sub. I think they are supost to operate like Futaba's. I see Sac D didn't go with the S-bus. I'm just trying to utlize my OrangeRX tx.
Thanks

Sorry, messed up the quotes on that.

OK for Futaba, but how about the OrangrRX receiver, (710 or 910) still trying to varify if anyone had success with these using S-bus/D-sub. I think they are supost to operate like Futaba's. I see Sac D didn't go with the S-bus. I'm just trying to utlize my OrangeRX tx.
Thanks

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20