Should I wait for after CES to order?

My P3A should arrive Monday. Only thing I'm concerned about is how DHL handles the import taxes coming into Switzerland. DJI says that it's all pre-paid, but try arguing that with a DHL driver who won't give you your parcel until you hand over cash...

I'm going to throw this out there ... Price drop + New Lower price option + Sale = Moving stock for something new ... Just a wild guess
Yep, and I'm guessing they built a million phantoms for Christmas and they only sold 250,000, now they need to dump them asap. SALE !!

My P3A should arrive Monday. Only thing I'm concerned about is how DHL handles the import taxes coming into Switzerland. DJI says that it's all pre-paid, but try arguing that with a DHL driver who won't give you your parcel until you hand over cash...
That's why I have all my orders sent to a packet station in Germany. The gas is cheaper than the taxes.

I'm going to throw this out there ... Price drop + New Lower price option + Sale = Moving stock for something new ... Just a wild guess
Another wild guess could be. At xmas they offered for price X + free case (worth 200 they say)
Now they offer price X - $200 but no case. Just marketing. The pro did not drop. So I suspect they
are short on pros, but have lots of the others.

That's why I have all my orders sent to a packet station in Germany. The gas is cheaper than the taxes.

Alexandro,

Good idea if you're close to the border, however it's not worth the time and gas for me (in Neuchâtel).

Worst case import taxes = CHF 75.- (8% VAT) + CHF 25.- admin fee = approx. 100.- I hope it's not the case though, as advertised on DJI's web site.

FWIW, Apple drop-delivers all the time into Switzerland directly from Asia... never any import taxes added when ordering from www.apple.ch

Buy from another manufacturer ! Do you not know the restrictions that are coming from dji in the near future.

Reporting back that DHL dropped off my new bird today from China (ordered late last Wednesday night) -- no surprise import taxes, everything pre-paid by DJI as per their online system. So now officially a proud new P3A owner. :)

c09d6bd6601206832740af6896c29f6e.jpg

ab505587523155168318ab508473a9f1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: kbtrade
Reporting back that DHL dropped off my new bird today from China (ordered late last Wednesday night) -- no surprise import taxes, everything pre-paid by DJI as per their online system. So now officially a proud new P3A owner. :)

c09d6bd6601206832740af6896c29f6e.jpg

ab505587523155168318ab508473a9f1.jpg

Congrats! Mine isn't coming until Wednesday:( it was supposed to show up today but there was some delay due to weather

It'll get there! ;-) Tonight I powered up with no props, connected app, went through settings, tutorials (again)... May actually be a while before I fly it... Crappy weather announced for several days. No rush though, will give me time to really go through the app and simulator.

Yep, and I'm guessing they built a million phantoms for Christmas and they only sold 250,000, now they need to dump them asap. SALE !!
Or given the timing ... it's to make life even more difficult for all the other manufacturers that were trying to launch their drones at CES.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj