Should I wait for after CES to order?

I bought a P2V+ 4 weeks just before the P3 was announced....at the beginning, I was disappointed but I enjoyed the P2 for many months before the P3 was finally available. Then, they had some issues with P3....I waited, and finally, I got the P3P during Thanksgiving...this machine is 10x better than the P2V+. So, if you don't mind waiting 3-4-5 months for final availability and stability of the new machine, wait for P4 or similar..otherwise, get a P3P, it is just a "gem" of technology.

Reactions: byrne68
Even if a Phantom 4 would be presented, what possible features would motivate people to pay more if the pro has already a video resolution that a lot of people don't need? Personally I'd like an optical zoom and at least 16 MB stills, but the first would probably take a minute or two from the flight time, due to the extra weight. It would be nice to have retracting landing gears and a 360 gimbal, but I don't think that DJI would shot itself in the foot and use the Inspire 1 as a doorstopper.

We'll know today what's announced at CES, just sit tight until then. There's no need to rush to purchase a P3, there will be plenty left for all that wait and prices aren't suddenly going to increase.

I toyed with the idea of getting the Advantage rather than the Professional but in the end there was not that much in it price wise. Perhaps I can extract decent stills from the 4k video. We will see.

I worked on the policy that its better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it. :)

I toyed with the idea of getting the Advantage rather than the Professional but in the end there was not that much in it price wise. Perhaps I can extract decent stills from the 4k video. We will see.

I worked on the policy that its better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it. :)

Congrats on the new bird! It would have definitely been nice to be able to pull stills but for my needs the Advanced was enough and I used the extra cash for another battery. :)
Cody

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Frankc
Thanks Cody. I cannot wait for my new toy to arrive. How do you tell though if you have the new motors or the old ones? Also which software you have on the P3 and the controller?
Frank
As far as firmware goes, there is a section in the DJI Go app that will tell you what firmware you are using. For the motors there is a forum string already one here that helps with identifying them
Cody

Laggy? I haven't heard of lag differences between the P3A and P3P. I have a P3P I use at work (my personal drone is a P3A) and don't notice any discernible difference regarding lag.
How do you get to use a P3P at work? Sounds like a good job to have. :)

I need to convince my employer they need a company Phantom.....

SD

^ I also wonder this. Sounds like I need to pick a better line of work ;)

I think I am going to order the P3A off of B&H as soon as my refund from DJI comes in. Thanks everyone for your help!

Today's pricing is the lowest I've seen. Best Buy and DJI have the P3S for $499 and the P3A for $799. Plus Best Buy has the batteries on sale for $125. That's some good saving right there.

Here is the DJI link.
DJI 10 Year Anniversary Sale!

Reactions: codygrkman
Ordered a few extra batteries from Best Buy too. Just happy I didn't end up paying full price for anything

Haven't found anywhere in Europe that sells official battery's for less than £105 so far. Amazon.de was the cheapest I found (factoring VAT etc)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have been waiting for 2 weeks for delivery of P3P. Just got an email it is on back order.
I see all the phantoms on sale except the pro. Maybe this is why.

How do you get to use a P3P at work? Sounds like a good job to have. :)

I need to convince my employer they need a company Phantom.....

SD
Work for a survey company that does GIS-type work and mapping. I convinced the owner of the company to buy one last summer to get some nice pictures of our survey boats and crews at work on a particular project. We want to use it for basic aerial mapping but are waiting for our 333 exemption so we can offer it as a service in addition to the other work we do.

Since it was sort of my idea I became the default "pilot" for it. Nice to learn how to fly on the company drone! Of course had to buy my own later.

Take a look @ dji web store!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic