Shooting neighborhood for Real Estate Agency

Reaction score
I have been asked by a real estate agency to shoot 3 high end lake front neighborhoods to make generic 45 second videos that highlight location, amenities, etc. Its a new type of gig for me to quote so I have a few questions:
Should I seek any type of permission from HOA? (I'm all clear in regards to FAA regulations)
I don't know what or how to charge. Any thoughts on going rate?
What if I wanted to sell footage or production to another real estate agency?
Anyone ever created a production then lease the rights on a year by year?
Thanks in advance.

Congrats. Following the thread as I'm always interested to hear what people have to say. From what I've read before these kind of questions are never cut and dry. I'm sure you want to offer a fair price in oder to get the job but also do not want to undervalue yourself or your time. But it sounds like, from your description, the job should be relatively simple (or could be depending on your vision) and the videos should be short so I would probably quote between $300-$600 depending on how far apart these neighborhoods are and ask if you could brand it with a small logo in the corner. If the agency does not want your logo on the video, then consider charging $500-$700. Just my opinion. Interested to hear other opinions.

Congrats. Following the thread as I'm always interested to hear what people have to say. From what I've read before these kind of questions are never cut and dry. I'm sure you want to offer a fair price in oder to get the job but also do not want to undervalue yourself or your time. But it sounds like, from your description, the job should be relatively simple (or could be depending on your vision) and the videos should be short so I would probably quote between $300-$600 depending on how far apart these neighborhoods are and ask if you could brand it with a small logo in the corner. If the agency does not want your logo on the video, then consider charging $500-$700. Just my opinion. Interested to hear other opinions.

Most of the time MLS forbid any branding what so ever. You'll want to get the MLS guidelines well before editing/finalizing any pics/video as you may have to go back and redo your edits.

I know there are a lot of variables to pricing. This company focuses on more higher end neighborhoods in the Charlotte, NC area. Just so happens that if not for line of site rules I could reach all 3 of these neighborhoods from my living room! Point I'm making is that this could not be an easier shoot for me. Some years ago I used to do a lot of photography for their new listings. But it really didn't pay very well. I don't expect to get the same money I get for aerial surveys and stock pile volume reports. But this is a chance to knock out 3 projects within a 3 mile radius. Production time and everything probably a full day...maybe a day and half. Plus more business in the future. Still its a fair amount of work for 1/2 the money and that's why I wondered if I could sell same footage to other real estate companies that work these neighborhoods. I considered an exclusive rights package price compared to a limited use package. My gut is telling me $350 a site.

Most of the time MLS forbid any branding what so ever. You'll want to get the MLS guidelines well before editing/finalizing any pics/video as you may have to go back and redo your edits.
So this initial job is for the real estate firms website. Future work could be for individual home listings that would be on MLS.

I replied on several postings about insurance -(Liability) if you are going to work with your sUAS for profit check on Insurance that covers you not just your equipment also have your license and do your home work on locations there is alot more to this business than flying your drone. You could lose it all with one error.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4