Real Estate Video of the Week

Reaction score
Hey Everybody! I am really impressed at all the real estate videos being created. I am going to be adding a Real Estate Video of the Week segment to my website. If you would like to have your video featured let me know. In the review of each video, I will be discussing what Phantoms are being used, the video editing software being used in post-production, and highlight key features of the video. This would be a great promotional opportunity for your business. Message me if you are interested.

www.dronephotographyblog.com

Reactions: God bless Texas
Justin, nice site. I think you need to slow down speed of drone. The spinning motion over the roof will not help sell a home. JMO Hope this helps.

Hey Everybody! I am really impressed at all the real estate videos being created. I am going to be adding a Real Estate Video of the Week segment to my website. If you would like to have your video featured let me know. In the review of each video, I will be discussing what Phantoms are being used, the video editing software being used in post-production, and highlight key features of the video. This would be a great promotional opportunity for your business. Message me if you are interested.

www.dronephotographyblog.com
Hi Justin, Great website and very informative. Have a few questions if you have a moment. Recently met with a friend to potentially do real estate work. My drone is registered and I plan on starting to study for my 107 license. I'm not quite understanding the 333 waiver. Is it required as well? Also her real estate firm asked if I could do a freeby to demonstrate and with no money exchanged. Is this legal? Want to make sure I'm doing everything correctly. Appreciate any advice you have . Thanks for your time

Hi Justin, Great website and very informative. Have a few questions if you have a moment. Recently met with a friend to potentially do real estate work. My drone is registered and I plan on starting to study for my 107 license. I'm not quite understanding the 333 waiver. Is it required as well? Also her real estate firm asked if I could do a freeby to demonstrate and with no money exchanged. Is this legal? Want to make sure I'm doing everything correctly. Appreciate any advice you have . Thanks for your time
Sorry, I'm not Justin, but thought I'd chime in if you don't mind....As you will find, the answers you seek are contained within the body of knowledge for the Part 107 Remote Pilot cert (the things you need to know for the exam). Forget the 333 exemption, since for the most part Part 107 will have your situation covered (besides, if strictly 333, you'd need a manned aircraft pilots license to operate, silly as that sounds - that's one of the many reasons the "107" was created). For any broad or long term EXCEPTIONS to Part 107 safety rules beyond temporary authorization to fly near an airport, you would be seeking a waiver. You will find and know all of this and a whole lot more as you study. As for compensation, you will learn in your studies that neither you nor your client can profit financially as a result of your drone work [EDIT: until you have your Cert] . That is, they can't use your freebie anyway. Bottom line, study and register for the exam, pass the exam, and go for the bucks. Best of luck.

Last edited:
Sorry, I'm not Justin, but thought I'd chime in if you don't mind....As you will find, the answers you seek are contained within the body of knowledge for the Part 107 Remote Pilot cert (the things you need to know for the exam). Forget the 333 exemption, since for the most part Part 107 will have your situation covered (besides, if strictly 333, you'd need a manned aircraft pilots license to operate, silly as that sounds - that's one of the many reasons the "107" was created). For any broad or long term EXCEPTIONS to Part 107 safety rules beyond temporary authorization to fly near an airport, you would be seeking a waiver. You will find and know all of this and a whole lot more as you study. As for compensation, you will see in your studies that neither you nor your client can profit financially as a result of your drone work. That is, they can't use your freebie anyway. Bottom line, study and register for the exam, pass the exam, and go for the bucks. Best of luck.
Thank you for the information. My potential client asked me the other day about the freebie and I was not sure. I was not sure about the waiver either but thank you for clearing those both up I really appreciate your help

Reactions: Phil Tuggle
Just to be 100% clear....

Any flight that is not 100% hobby in nature falls under Part 107. It's not about money, marketing, later use etc but completely about the "intent" of the flight. Even "Demonstration" flights fall under Part 107 rules.

Either you're flying 100% as a hobbyist or you're flying under Part 107 rules (Public Use flights are a whole other segment but only muddies the water so we leave them out of this type of discussion).

Any licensed Realtor who asks you to do a "freebie" is not only looking for a hand out but they seriously need to review the "Code of Ethics and Standards of Practice
of the National Association of REALTORS®
Effective January 1, 2017" What they've asked you to do is illegal and unethical.

A Section 333 Exemption is what we use in Aviation to help us get around certain "rules" but until Part 107 was finished we had to get a Section 333 Exemption to fly UAS commercially. The Section 333 Exemption process is still alive and well (many think otherwise but they don't know exactly what it is) because we use it for FULL SIZE aviation rules as well. You can pretty much disregard anything you hear about a Section 333 Exemption (or a Waiver within Section 333 Exemption) because Part 107 is alive and well now.

Any flight that is not 100% hobby in nature falls under Part 107. It's not about money, marketing, later use etc but completely about the "intent" of the flight. Even "Demonstration" flights fall under Part 107 rules.

Either you're flying 100% as a hobbyist or you're flying under Part 107 rules (Public Use flights are a whole other segment but only muddies the water so we leave them out of this type of discussion).

Any licensed Realtor who asks you to do a "freebie" is not only looking for a hand out but they seriously need to review the "Code of Ethics and Standards of Practice

Effective January 1, 2017" What they've asked you to do is illegal and unethical.

A Section 333 Exemption is what we use in Aviation to help us get around certain "rules" but until Part 107 was finished we had to get a Section 333 Exemption to fly UAS commercially. The Section 333 Exemption process is still alive and well (many think otherwise but they don't know exactly what it is) because we use it for FULL SIZE aviation rules as well. You can pretty much disregard anything you hear about a Section 333 Exemption (or a Waiver within Section 333 Exemption) because Part 107 is alive and well now.

Thank you very much for taking the time to explain all of that I'm just glad I didn't do that freebie and get myself in trouble. As a rookie, I have a lot to learn and this site has been great and very informative thank you again I really appreciate your help

Thank you very much for taking the time to explain all of that I'm just glad I didn't do that freebie and get myself in trouble. As a rookie, I have a lot to learn and this site has been great and very informative thank you again I really appreciate your help

As an old timer I fully say, "Don't give your stuff away!" They won't give you a free house so get paid for everything you do. I do indeed "Barter" at times but only if I feel like it's a WIN for both parties.

Safe flights :)
Allen

Reactions: rlphoto69
This is what I personally did: get your 107 certification, then do 3-5 properties for free, just to build a portfolio. Now you'll have work to show potential clients what you can do. Very few people are gonna pay money if you can't show them why you're worth your price.

This is what I personally did: get your 107 certification, then do 3-5 properties for free, just to build a portfolio. Now you'll have work to show potential clients what you can do. Very few people are gonna pay money if you can't show them why you're worth your price.
Great idea. I agree. Thank you

Reactions: Briankbl
Sorry, I'm not Justin, but thought I'd chime in if you don't mind....As you will find, the answers you seek are contained within the body of knowledge for the Part 107 Remote Pilot cert (the things you need to know for the exam). Forget the 333 exemption, since for the most part Part 107 will have your situation covered (besides, if strictly 333, you'd need a manned aircraft pilots license to operate, silly as that sounds - that's one of the many reasons the "107" was created). For any broad or long term EXCEPTIONS to Part 107 safety rules beyond temporary authorization to fly near an airport, you would be seeking a waiver. You will find and know all of this and a whole lot more as you study. As for compensation, you will learn in your studies that neither you nor your client can profit financially as a result of your drone work [EDIT: until you have your Cert] . That is, they can't use your freebie anyway. Bottom line, study and register for the exam, pass the exam, and go for the bucks. Best of luck.

I agree with Phil's assessment. Even though you aren't receiving any compensation, it is still a commercial operation because of how the realtor will use it.

Reactions: rlphoto69

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jakob08z