The BIGGEST Barrier to Real Estate Missions...

That is the most backwards thing ive read on this thread.

Oh please enlighten me how this is backwards. How does holding a Part 107 card in your wallet in ANY way demonstrate anything about your being a professional operator?

The Part 107 test only tests your ability to study and take a test. In no way does it indicate ability to fly period let alone safely and "professionally". It only means you spent some time studying and took/passed a written test.

In most basic terms Part 107 indicates you've been exposed to the rules & regulations of a Commercial sUAS operator but does not indicate a professional in the least. I could go out all day long and show you Part 107 holders who can't fly a sUAS proficiently, who can't run a business to save their life, who can't take a decent picture/video, who have no idea how to market their services, and lastly who have no idea of how to apply the things Part 107 to real-world scenarios. IMHO a professional sUAS operator should encompass ALL of the above otherwise they are just a wanna-be. It's VERY alarming and unsettling how many Part 107 operators come online and ask the most basic legal/regulatory questions that should have sufficiently drilled into their heads had they "absorbed" the studying for their Part 107. Even things as simple as "what is a TFR". That's as basic as learning your ABC's yet we see it daily. I could even provide links from such a question in the last 24hrs.

As I said:
Passing the Part 107 test only makes you "legal"

Reactions: flockshot
So, sounds like this thread has clearly established that only two things are true;

1. nothing conclusive can be said as regards the “professionalism” of folks who do have their 107 ticket.

2. something completely conclusive can be said as regards the “professionalism” of folks who do not have their 107 ticket but engage in commercial activities regardless; they are unprofessional right out of the gate.

All of the folks here suggesting that 107 is overreach, just reveal very clearly that they don’t know what they don’t know (how could they?). What they do know however they is that they are breaking the law.

“”promoting a business” is essentially irrelevant to what 107 is about, it just happens to be a convenient way (VERY longstanding in precedent), to establish a regulatory boundary, “above” which, proof of some level of knowledge/education is required. If you’d studied for and taken the test, you’d know that none of that BOK is about “business”; ultimately it’s about safety. You want an unlicensed pilot flying you and your family to Chillicothe for your next family vacation? What about your next surgery: unlicensed surgeon? Next time you drive your car down the highway, feel free to think to yourself “look at all these sap’s (yourself likely included) who got licensed”. You and yours very simply don’t know what you don’t know. I will report EVERY unlicensed drone pilot operating in a commercial capacity, every time! In fact, I will go out of my way to expose them. In all walks of life, credentials mean something and only the uncredentialed ignorantly claim they don’t.

First of all, your assumption that "If you’d studied for and taken the test" is inaccurate. I have been taking FAA tests since 1968 and the 107 is just the most recent.

Being in aviation and aerial photography for many years is the basis of my comments about the lack of professionalism that comes with passing a test. There is so much more.

Additionally, placing the 107 on the same scale as Airline Transport Pilot, medical surgeon, or even driving a car that requires a demonstration of competence, is a bid foolish.

Calling me names will not validate your position.

Have a nice day.

So, sounds like this thread has clearly established that only two things are true;

1. nothing conclusive can be said as regards the “professionalism” of folks who do have their 107 ticket.

2. something completely conclusive can be said as regards the “professionalism” of folks who do not have their 107 ticket but engage in commercial activities regardless; they are unprofessional right out of the gate.
I agree completely.

Reactions: Wolverine
Calm down Sparky. My use of the word “you” there was rhetorical and directed at the general “you” consisting of those folks who, as the post made very very clear, do not know what they don’t know.

FWIW, there hasnt been a single claim made, by anyone, that a 107 ticket is at all equivalent to an ATP. In context, my larger point (which you would have known if you’d engaged in just a touch of critical-thinking), is that licensing/credentials exist for a reason.

Last edited:
Calm down Sparky. My use of the word “you” there was rhetorical and directed at the general “you” consisting of those folks who, as the post made very very clear, do not know what they don’t know.

FWIW, there hasnt been a single claim made, by anyone, that a 107 ticket is at all equivalent to an ATP. In context, my larger point (which you would have known if you’d engaged in just a touch of critical-thinking), is that licensing/credentials exist for a reason.
There you go with the name calling again. Please try to show some professionalism.

Ah, you’re also proficient in gaslighting! Cool! Think more. I’m out.

There you go with the name calling again. Please try to show some professionalism.

Cool it with the personal attacks etc. As professionals or even semi-professionals we are better than this. If you can't debate civilly then use the IGNORE button. Any further actions like we are seeing above will not be tolerated.

Reactions: flockshot

FACT.

Couldn't agree more! Must have Part 107 Cert.. Not having it is simply irresponsible on pilots side. Many agents are completely surprised when it comes up in conversation during the shoot!

I met one of my best clients by just knocking on doors.
As a coincidence, I met him as he was walking out to meet a friend that had a drone. They were attempting a first shoot.
I asked basic questions about the aircraft, etc., he had no answers.
I refrained from any opinions, facts or negativity.
I just smiled, briefly explained my service and told him I'd check back tomorrow.
He was clueless about aerials, and so was his friend so I knew my chances were better than good.
I did go back the next day.
He said, first attempt, the drone blew over on takeoff.
It was way more difficult than expected, which opened my door wide open.
I always tote my laptop and showed two examples of work I did for his competitors right down the street.
Landed a steady client on the spot.
Let em try the cheap way, then they'll have something to compare and contrast to your good work.

Reactions: Wahoo_Ace
Education is the key to building a drone business. What a great idea to speak to and educate real estate agents about FAA regs and how it applies to aerial photography.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic