Several Problems With My P4. Help!

Reaction score
I am having several problems.

The first problem is that I am getting a message that a “Precise Fly Safe Database update is required”. But when I check my status, it appears that I am updated. When I check for updates nothing happens.

Below are listed the latest versions I have downloaded and installed.

The diagram that appears on how to update the drone shows connecting the mobile device directly to the drone. I don’t have that cable, or rather the cable did not come with my set-up. I can connect my P4 to a computer. Is that an option or is it necessary that I connect the drone to my mobile device?

The other warning I am getting is a strong wireless interference warning. When I checked the “Radio Channel Quality” it said, “Strong interference detected. Be careful when flying long distances”. The first time I saw it I was in my house so I didn’t worry about it. But I have been outside twice now in two different parks and the message keeps appearing. I lose picture too. The first time I hit Return To Home successfully. The second time I lost all picture my P4 was only about 200 feet away.

Today I got a Vision Sensor Communication Error 10000.It said to restart the aircraft and contact DJI support if the problem persists. I did restart and the warning did not reappear.

This all comes to the big problem of losing a signal while flying. I thought it was my Ipad after I discovered that it needed updating. But I updated it and still lose the signal or at least the picture, when I’m flying. I also noticed that the camera will pull hard to the left, so far that it shoots the landing gear.

App-Version 4.1.18

Aircraft Version 02.00.0106

Remote Controller Version 1.9.3

Flight Database Version 01.00.01.04

Basic App Fly Safe Database Version 01.00.01.05

Precise App Fly Safe Database version 01.00.01.07

I am having several problems.

The first problem is that I am getting a message that a “Precise Fly Safe Database update is required”. But when I check my status, it appears that I am updated. When I check for updates nothing happens.

Below are listed the latest versions I have downloaded and installed.

The diagram that appears on how to update the drone shows connecting the mobile device directly to the drone. I don’t have that cable, or rather the cable did not come with my set-up. I can connect my P4 to a computer. Is that an option or is it necessary that I connect the drone to my mobile device?

The other warning I am getting is a strong wireless interference warning. When I checked the “Radio Channel Quality” it said, “Strong interference detected. Be careful when flying long distances”. The first time I saw it I was in my house so I didn’t worry about it. But I have been outside twice now in two different parks and the message keeps appearing. I lose picture too. The first time I hit Return To Home successfully. The second time I lost all picture my P4 was only about 200 feet away.

Today I got a Vision Sensor Communication Error 10000.It said to restart the aircraft and contact DJI support if the problem persists. I did restart and the warning did not reappear.

This all comes to the big problem of losing a signal while flying. I thought it was my Ipad after I discovered that it needed updating. But I updated it and still lose the signal or at least the picture, when I’m flying. I also noticed that the camera will pull hard to the left, so far that it shoots the landing gear.

App-Version 4.1.18

Aircraft Version 02.00.0106

Remote Controller Version 1.9.3

Flight Database Version 01.00.01.04

Basic App Fly Safe Database Version 01.00.01.05

Precise App Fly Safe Database version 01.00.01.07
If you purchased your P4 new, you should have received a short adapter cable that is used with the longer (PC) cable to connect your device to the AC when updating the flight database. As for the signal inteference warnings, I now receive that with latest GO4 update as do many others. I ignore that along with endless wind warnings.
As for the limp gimbal issue, that has occurred a few times in my case and has also been reported a number of times on this forum. My only solution was to power cycle the RC and AC and it was all good again. No idea why it happens.
Not sure which iPad you are using but I had a few instances of losing video feed but still retaining full control of the AC and I had to lower my transmission settings in the app to 4 Mbps, clear my video cache and then turn it off to get my camera view back. Seems to be normal again, the latest app update seems to working my iPhone 6+ a lot harder these days.

If you purchased your P4 new, you should have received a short adapter cable that is used with the longer (PC) cable to connect your device to the AC when updating the flight database. As for the signal inteference warnings, I now receive that with latest GO4 update as do many others. I ignore that along with endless wind warnings.
As for the limp gimbal issue, that has occurred a few times in my case and has also been reported a number of times on this forum. My only solution was to power cycle the RC and AC and it was all good again. No idea why it happens.
Not sure which iPad you are using but I had a few instances of losing video feed but still retaining full control of the AC and I had to lower my transmission settings in the app to 4 Mbps, clear my video cache and then turn it off to get my camera view back. Seems to be normal again, the latest app update seems to working my iPhone 6+ a lot harder these days.
Tevek-You are correct about the endless wind warnings. I live on the coast so I'm always in some kind of wind. I just figured that with one of the updates came a more sensitive wind detector. But it sounds like DJI has gone warning crazy. Let me dive back into this thing and see what I can determine. I certainly do appreciate your responses.
God Bless!
Bill

image.jpg
Tevek-You are correct about the endless wind warnings. I live on the coast so I'm always in some kind of wind. I just figured that with one of the updates came a more sensitive wind detector. But it sounds like DJI has gone warning crazy. Let me dive back into this thing and see what I can determine. I certainly do appreciate your responses.
God Bless!
Bill
No worries, the wind warning is set to 4m/s or thereabouts, but I can get them on a calm day with the AC hovering in front of me. The short cable you need is a simple USB female adaptor on one end and the other goes into your device.

Reactions: BH1959
With regards to wireless interferences, it is recommended to disable phone/tablet wifi before flying, as sharing same 2.4ghz band. Beware some phone/tablet might not fully disable wifi depending how you do (ie with last iOS 11).

The plot thickens. I turned the WiFi off to no effect. Actually, I got a pop-up message to turn it back on. I still had the ongoing warning about wireless interference. This never goes away.
I tried to recreate the Precise Fly Safe Database update is required message. It never came on. But I did have to take the DJI Knowledge Test-Twice!
I never got a wind warning today.
One of the times I powered up the camera stuck, pulled hard to the left shooting down. I had no control over it. I powered down and back up and everything was fine.
So, long story short, I never lost picture, always had the wireless warning, poor RC signal, had to take the knowledge test twice and never got the message about the fly safe database. I live along coastal NC and we are having some magnificent weather to fly in. But after my recent experience and current problems, I am most apprehensive to do so.
God Bless!
Bill

Switched out the Ipad with my cell phone to see if that eliminated the wireless interference problem. Nope. I deleted and reinstalled DJI 4 app. Still no resolution.
Today produced yet another problem though. Whenever the RC got within 2 feet (or so) of the aircraft, I lost all signal transmission. Back up and presto! Link restored!

Last edited:
After 2 days on the DJI live support chat, I was asked to submit my contact info, state the problems and list out all of the latest firmware in which I am operating under. Mark, from DJI (Jake, from State Farm?) said he would email me after he got "feedback from our developers regarding your issue". Mark, from DJI said it would take 24-48 hours.

Litchi has solved all of my problems. I installed it yesterday. I flew 3 batteries worth. Today I ran my P4 and Litchi though many paces, eating up 5 batteries. Litchi worked perfectly. I never had a video signal loss (I was able to fly LOS to 1,500 feet), no wireless interference warnings and no odd gimbal lock ups. I really like Litchi's orbit feature over DJI's POI. Board member “jdesio” produced a wonderful video about the orbit feature that gives many helpful tips.

Reactions: FarmerMac

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl