Serious video lag!

Reaction score
Flew my p4p today first time after the latest update, barely able to fly it due to lag, weak transmission. Anyone else have/had that problem?

Which mobile device are you using?

barely able to fly it due to lag, weak transmission. Anyone else have/had that problem?
Could you be a bit more specific as to what you mean by "latest update"? Is this firmware, app version , device operating system or all these or some of these. The more detail you can provide, the better assistance you will receive.

Reactions: Oso
Using iPad mini 2 never any bother before. Up to date app, latest update I mean as v01.05.0300. I’m just wondering, I bought 3 “Apple” sync leads from eBay. Used one today. Could be a chance that it’s a dodgy cable?

Using iPad mini 2 never any bother before. Up to date app, latest update I mean as v01.05.0300. I’m just wondering, I bought 3 “Apple” sync leads from eBay. Used one today. Could be a chance that it’s a dodgy cable?
That A7 CPU in the iPad mini 2 may be inadequate for the latest Go4 app. I think today you really need at least an A8 CPU for the Go4 app. Turn off your video cache in the Go4 app and see if that helps. You could also try an iPhone if you have one, see if that works any better as a test.

Make sure you turn OFF your ipad Wifi and your phone wifi so it doesn't interfere with your craft's video communications. Switch your GO4 app setup to fly on 5.8Ghz AUTO and see if that helps.

Last edited:
The Go4 app gets more and more bloated with every update. There are at least seven models of aircraft that it must now support as well as an editor (why?) and Skypixel. The app on my device is now the second biggest at 1 GB just below the Go app at 1.11 GB.
A friend and I had to finally replace our Mini 2s with Mini 4s as the lag and choppiness became unbearable.

Reactions: KevMo Photog
Good advice by John Locke above. I often was able to improve my mini 2 performance by killing all other apps in the background and rebooting the tablet.

I’ll give it a try this weekend. Can I roll back the firmware? As I won’t be buying another iPad anytime soon.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31