RTH cancel failed

Reaction score
I got an "RTH cancel failed" error on a flight. Hit it again and regained control. Next flight it RTH'd into a tree despite my hitting the DC button to cancel or trying to stick right to dodge the tree. Guessing lost contact to the remote but don't see that in the log.

DJI Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com

Motor obstruction and compass errors all over the place....to start with.

I got an "RTH cancel failed" error on a flight. Hit it again and regained control.
Next flight it RTH'd into a tree despite my hitting the DC button to cancel or trying to stick right to dodge the tree. Guessing lost contact to the remote but don't see that in the log.
RTH cancel fail suggests that there was no connection to the controller and so there was no way for the cancel message to get to the Phantom.
The flight log attached shows you never lost full control signal and it does not show you cancelling RTH.
When it crashed, it was still in autolanding.

What is the DC button?
The ways to cancel RTH are to:
Tap the RTH button again
Tap the Red X on screen and confirm
Flick the flight mode switch out of P-GPS and back again.​

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
@sar104 , @BudWalker ........Short on time for a full review, but will refer this in the interim.....

Reactions: mitcvand
Motor obstruction and compass errors all over the place....to start with.
Looks like all the errors probably happen after the impact of the tree?

@Nightwolf,
Dude that sucks, how bad is the damage?

I'm lost what is the DC button, also where you using the app or the remote for RTH on/off etc.

Rod

Looks like all the errors probably happen after the impact of the tree?
Possibly, just did a quick glance without going in to ms analysis....

Not sure what to say about that log. It appears to describe an RC-commanded RTH that descended into a 30 ft tall tree at 449 s, with only a very brief and half-hearted effort to avoid. What am I missing?

2018-04-18_[18-50-50]_01.png

So did your Phantom hit the tree at 20' ?

Doesn't seem that your app shows you cancelled the RTH, sucks man....

I'm not sure, I think you would have to get the gimbal functioning to be able to download the .dat file from the Phantom.
For sure with P3S, but I don't know on a P3A, or P3P.

Which do you have?

Rod

Not sure what to say about that log. It appears to describe an RC-commanded RTH that descended into a 30 ft tall tree at 449 s, with only a very brief and half-hearted effort to avoid. What am I missing?

View attachment 97873
You're probably not missing much. I was pretty freaked out. Maybe I didn't hit the button long enough; or too long so the RTH didnt register.

Night wolf I’m still just learning these logs but to me it looks like it was still in auto land mode at the 30ft impact. I’m not questioning your assessment just want to know how you came up with it. Thanks for your input [emoji106]

Night wolf I’m still just learning these logs but to me it looks like it was still in auto land mode at the 30ft impact. I’m not questioning your assessment just want to know how you came up with it. Thanks for your input [emoji106]
I agree from the log about 30'.

"I’m not questioning your assessment just want to know how you came up with it."
What are you asking?

Rod

What assessment? That I was freaked out.
That's a fact not an assessment

Is the dat file on the mobile device?
There are .dat files on the device, but only for P4's and up. P3's do not store .dat files on the device, only on the AC itself.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj