Return to home when app disconnects

Reaction score
Hi all

The other day i was out flying and my phantom standard disconnected from the app, screen went grey, lost video signal, where is usually says 'safe to fly' in a green box at top of screen it had a grey box with 'disconnected'.

At this point i wasnt too worried as I could see the drone in the sky and i managed to bring it back safely flying manually.

Here is my worry, at the point of disconnect, i can no longer do a return to home as the app is not responding so the drone just stays hovering (i can still control the drone as hit has radio signal).

What would i do if my drone was out of sight, it disconnects from the app so i cant do a return to home? I have heard i can just switch off the controller and it will return home automatically?

Thanks for your help everyone

K

You could toggle the S2 switch (the one on the left side of the controller) up and down a couple of times. That initiates the RTH function without using the app.

Toggling the S2 switch a few times would be the best thing to do since it'll initiate Smart RTH.

If you turn off the remote controller instead, that'll initiate Failsafe RTH. When Failsafe RTH is initiated, your Phantom will either return to home (the default setting), land at its current location, or hover at its current location. It depends on what you have selected in the following setting in the DJI GO app:

IMG_1683.PNG

Why is it I am able to make the on screen values read in feet,but when setting the return to home altitude the only option is meters?

Why is it I am able to set on screen values to feet, but when selecting return to home altitude, METERS is the only option?

Yes, It irritates me. I have my values on a sticker back of remote. 61 m = 200' Etc.

Reactions: Squirrel!
Hi all

The other day i was out flying and my phantom standard disconnected from the app, screen went grey, lost video signal, where is usually says 'safe to fly' in a green box at top of screen it had a grey box with 'disconnected'.

At this point i wasnt too worried as I could see the drone in the sky and i managed to bring it back safely flying manually.

Here is my worry, at the point of disconnect, i can no longer do a return to home as the app is not responding so the drone just stays hovering (i can still control the drone as hit has radio signal).

What would i do if my drone was out of sight, it disconnects from the app so i cant do a return to home? I have heard i can just switch off the controller and it will return home automatically?

Thanks for your help everyone

K

Here is a few to check out.

Lost signal (but not really)

Rth no Good

Best Method to RTH?

Take Lots of notes and give us a summery, no a detailed summery when completed.

:):confused::Do_O

Why is it I am able to make the on screen values read in feet,but when setting the return to home altitude the only option is meters?
It has been that way since the first DJI GO release. I'm hoping they fix it someday too.

Yep, Yep ...

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl