Return to Home vs. Auto landing

Reaction score
Ok so the other day I was messing around with my Pilot App. I noticed that I did not have an altitude set for return home..... I clicked onto the Failsafe and set Altitude for 60m....... this would put it well above any trees that could be in the way on return home. Later on that day, I had just finished flying, I clicked on the auto landing button, swiped it, and to my surprise, it shot straight up instead of traveling the remaining for feet to the ground. Problem is it shot into a tree..... I made one hell of a catch..... lost a fingernail due to a spinning blade, but saved Phantom.
My question is this: Did I change something when I went into the Failsafe Mode, I used to have an Auto landing feature. Now when I hit that button, it says it will Return Home. What did I do???

Are you sure you did not initiate RTH instead? When you initiate RTH, your Phantom will first rise to the set altitude if it's below it. Once there, it'll fly to the home point, descend straight down, and land.

Nevermind...... im an idiot.....after you auto take off......same button is auto land. What a fool...I did initiate RTH.......ughhhhh

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues