replacing gimbal motors

Reaction score
is it possible to put yaw/roll/pitch motors into a gimbal assembly that are not native to the assembly? I believe the gimbal motors all get calibrated as one unit at the factory and replacing motors can throw this off. can anyone confirm? I was able to put a non native pitch motor onto a gimbal that had a broken one but I'm looking to replace 2 or all 3 of the motors.

if the gimbal assembly does need calibrated after new motors are installed. how do you get this done? is it costly?

In this case I do not have the motors native to the gimbal assembly. they were all lost/destroyed in a crash.

The yaw motor is the only issue. You can't just swap it out. Check out my YouTube video under droneted.

The yaw motor is the only issue. You can't just swap it out. Check out my YouTube video under droneted.
I've been told you need to put the native yaw motor housing on the new yaw motor.

are you just boned if you lose the native yaw motor housing?

thanks Ted! I don't have a need for it right now but I'll definitely keep you in mind. just inquiring for any future repair projects I might take on.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4