Replacement antennas - P3S (Bird Side)

Reaction score
I was thinking about having to replace the patch antennas inside the P3S should I ever damage the wires.

Looks like a total pain to do.

Can anyone tell me if the Dragon Link FPV Pro. Receiver Antenna For Dragon Link - 15 CM Coax Extension antennas would work ?

I was then thinking of connecting them to the camera gimbal with a pair of these;

SMA to uFL/u.FL/IPX/IPEX RF Adapter Cable ID: 851 - $3.95 : Adafruit Industries, Unique & fun DIY electronics and kits

Tape the antennas to the legs or shell and you'd never have to worry about those black & grey wires & internal antennas ever again !

Any thoughts ?

Ooops. Sorry, my stuff up. The Dragonlink antennas are 1.3Ghz

Anyone know of any good 2.4ghz antennas that would work (with male SMA connectors). ?

Hey Paul60 did that little hack work?
Hi Funwhileitlasted,

I ended up using a pair of 2.4Ghz 'whisker' antennas off one of my Frsky LR receivers. They work well enough for my use which is close in flying.

Not sure about longer range, but I still get a strong connection when wandering around in my house through many walls/rooms.

I must put it to the test.

Hi Mark,

I guess I haven't felt the need to.

My setup works fine for my use.

Actually, I don't even fly much anymore. I got so bored with Quads, AP and the whole shebang.

I'm more into Hornby model railways and Bolt Action 28mm war gaming these days.

But since someone asked...

Hi Mark,

I guess I haven't felt the need to.

My setup works fine for my use.

Actually, I don't even fly much anymore. I got so bored with Quads, AP and the whole shebang.

I'm more into Hornby model railways and Bolt Action 28mm war gaming these days.

But since someone asked...

I do appreciate the response Paul. I won't say that I am bored yet but I am keeping my enthusiasm in check just because I don't think I want to commit to the financial burden that would accompany this new hobby if my passion for it were to really ignite.
I sure appreciate this forum however and the openness of the members.

For the record Mark I didn't have anything else around so I did order the P3A antennas and will let you know how they work. In the meantime I have some work to do to see if I can revive my gimbal after a recent crash. A dead gimbal could be a real passion killer. :(

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4