Grey & Black Gimbal wires (2.4Ghz) Un Connected ?

Reaction score
I have been flying a P3S around for a few flights without the black & grey antenna wires connected to the gimbal.

Will that hurt or eventually fry something in the vtx in the gimbal ?

I still get great video feed, although I'm only flying a few feet away and head height.

I'm curious how far she will get with video link without the patch antennas connected ?

It's going to fry something eventually. I don't understand how you have any video feed at all.

Why not fix it? It's a 15 minute fix:

Reactions: Paul60
It's going to fry something eventually. I don't understand how you have any video feed at all.

Why not fix it? It's a 15 minute fix:

Thanks,

I was just testing it to see if everything worked. It didn't occur to me that running a Tx without the antenna load could fry something. When will I ever learn !:rolleyes:

Anyway, out of interest, I test flew it last night in my backyard. It was dark but had the outdoor lights on. Got pretty good video although only a few meters away and not very high.

Then I tested it indoors. I placed the quad on the floor in the study & I was able to take the controller with my ipad & video feed, all the way down the hall and into the kitchen before it lost video signal. Some fair distance and a lot of rooms. walls between the quad and controller.

I'll put it to oneside till I can get some antennas for it.

Hopefully I haven't done any damage.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20