Removing alt restriction is possible

Yes, since you have to fly to each waypoint before you can set it, the only reason to limit the radius from the homepoint to 500m is to enforce VLOS on the use of all waypoints, which defeats their purpose for my use. I often fly to the same locations that may be 2+ miles away, and automating the flight there, rather than needing to manually fly there, would speed up the process, so I can maximixe the photo time upon arrival, and then return. I can automatically fly home via RTH, if I wanted to, but I can't fly to destination X automatically, unless it is within 500m. It's a shame. :( I can do it on the P2v+, but the camera doesn't hold a candle to the P3P!
What about the Autopilot app they are about to add waypoint capability

I take it from your name you are in the UK. If so a loud NO as the legal limit here is 400ft, drones get enough bad press when flying, without some smart *** making it worse by breaking the law!!!!
Is that the law there or a recommendation. I don't see the need to go higher but it's irresponsible pilots that are creating the manufacturers to attempt to prevent themselves from litigation and any liability

Thats some thing I would not use much but would be nice to have if and when its needed. plus just having it unlocked for the sake of it being its MINE and does not belong to dji is good enough of a reason to by pass the restriction just because I am an American citizen and there for its just not right or very patriotic to blindly except limitations placed on MY belongings by some people who are not even law makers in china nore are these commies elected and have the power to impose there laws on some one some were out side of Communist china. If they want to go be big brother they can go do it to some one else in some other country were they are sheep that follow blindly and obay any thing there masters tell them.

Just to by pass it for the sake of it is reason enough that any one thats got a spine or even a drop of red american blood in them should want to do it just so its not there. and for no other reason then just because...........

You chose to buy a Chinese product (DJI). You also have a choice to sell it and build your own or buy a different product if you dont like the restrictions and limitations.

Last edited:
You chose to buy a Chinese product (DJI). You also have a choice to sell it and build your own or buy a different product if you dont like the restrictions and limitations.
DJI Is going to face mounting competition. Several news companies announced and showed their new products at the UK Drone show. My P3P is still out for repair after it bricked on the latest firmware upgrade. Of course right at the holidays. On the subject of restrictions you are correct - sadly these restrictions have become necessary because of irresponsible pilots. Too bad others are slowly destroying this hobby.

So I was chatting to a friend of mine who is very computer nerdy. I mentioned this new altitude restriction on p3 pro and he said he can do a workaround to remove it. (Not easy but doable) Is it something people want or should I just talk him out of it?
ICANT BELIVE WHAT IAM READING why you would want to go beyond 500 meters this will give quads copters more bad press and maybe a bad crash we are now going to have geofencing implanted.in the new year I hope to do this commercial work SAFTEY SHOULD BE YOUR MAIN CONESERNE and one other point the USA CALL THEM DRONES QUAD COPTERS MR ROTERS I will get of my soap box now

Easy answer... To take photos like this....
44cb3089d854581a26e605aafa04e4d0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow, nice pic!!... what drone configuration did you use to be able to take that shot?... :p:D

Very easy to do... Attach P3 to meteorological balloon then wait stratosphere...

Reactions: ScatSpeak
ICANT BELIVE WHAT IAM READING why you would want to go beyond 500 meters this will give quads copters more bad press and maybe a bad crash we are now going to have geofencing implanted.in the new year I hope to do this commercial work SAFTEY SHOULD BE YOUR MAIN CONESERNE and one other point the USA CALL THEM DRONES QUAD COPTERS MR ROTERS I will get of my soap box now
Just for this post i will fly to 1640 feet to voice my decent.

Even in the UK we have hills higher than 500m.............think about it.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj