Remote connected, connect aircraft....?

Reaction score
Hi I have a p3s, I cannot connect the aircraft.

The rc is red. The drone is green.

No GPS, video, etc

Working perfectly one day, the next isays disconnected?

Tried connecting rc both ways also video with toggles etc.

Advice would be greatly appreciated.

I had looked at the secret 5 second menu press and tried to update firmware, it did updated and turn off but I do that and nothing seems to happen, it's still disconnected.

I'm in phantom wifi, reinstalled the app..

Really appreciate any tech support, I'm sure you've all been asked this a hundred times. I'm in the last night of a holiday in Mexico with only 4 minutes of shooting when this happens..

I can manually start up the drone by pulling diagonally. But no GPS, video,
The gimbal doesn't move whenI start up the drone.
All batteries fully charged.
Started up with rc first, connect the WiFi. Open the app, then the aircraft. Just days disconnected with no camera view or GPS etc

Try recalibrating your remote to eliminate that as the possible cause.

Yeah I did that, all parameters were recalibrated. That wasn't the issue.
Pressing each direction for a couple of seconds etc.

Reactions: Capt KO
I had looked at the secret 5 second menu press and tried to update firmware, it did updated and turn off but I do that and nothing seems to happen, it's still disconnected.
Which FW versions did you have on your AC and your RC before you made the changes you mentioned? Which versions do you have now?

Reactions: JoBe
Did this happen when you first arrived in Mexico or after you had flown it from there? The move may have loosened the ribbon cable to the gimbal. If it happened during your travels there’s a good chance something got bumped. Always carry a good quality drone tool kit. And YouTube ? Best of luck.

Did this happen when you first arrived in Mexico or after you had flown it from there? The move may have loosened the ribbon cable to the gimbal. If it happened during your travels there’s a good chance something got bumped. Always carry a good quality drone tool kit. And YouTube [emoji3] Best of luck.

It worked for 4 minutes fine whilst in Mexico. No issues. Then I fully charged the rc and aircraft ready for a proper flight around and that's when I got the annoying " remote control connected, now connect aircraft " message...
Tried all sorts to get it working no joy. Just got back home too, so totally missed out on that trip...

Took kit is a good piece of advice as I didn't even know these things were so temperamental. I'm thinking it might be a firmware issue

Which FW versions did you have on your AC and your RC before you made the changes you mentioned? Which versions do you have now?

Not sure what was there before nor do I know if the changes are successful, I had no laptop to put the firmware on an sd card with an unzipped root file. I managed to get someone to try to do it via their android phone and another guy to take the card home to their pc and put the file as a root option. But I don't even know if that file was any good.
I'm going to try to download the firmware to a clean high quality sd card and install to the drone.
Don't know how to choose firmware version, dji only seem to offer one.

No, it’s right here on this forum. At the top right of the forum screen click on the little magnifying glass icon, then type in phantomhelp as the search topic. All of the earlier versions of firmware are listed down almost at the bottom of the page.

That's awesome info. Thanks so much for that, very helpful. Hopefully I'll be able to get it sorted.

Just downloaded the firmware from dji site. Unzipped the file and put it on a root file.
Inserted the sd into drone and powered on - not turned remote on.
I do not get any led flashing red to green above camera whatsoever. I've never seen that on, although I only bought it two weeks ago.
Also should the silver plate (above the camera where the led light is meant to be located) get hot? As mine is hot when switched on for a few minutes.
I'm going to leave it on for half an hour in case it is uploading the firmware update.
If it does nothing what is my next move?
The white ribbon cable is connected to the silver plate fine..

IMG_2050.jpg

I get this message after trying to update.
It says successful but I'm not sure.

Well, a hot gimbal is never a good thing. It will usually destroy the gimbal board and you won’t have any video feed.
Does anything work now after the update?

Well, a hot gimbal is never a good thing. It will usually destroy the gimbal board and you won’t have any video feed.
Does anything work now after the update?

Don't think it updated. Couldn't see any lights above camera, certainly no green to red flashing # no sounds after half an hour.

The remote works, light red, the drone can fly. No video or GPS though

A bad micro card caused the same problems on my v 2.0. Reformatted the card and worked fine then.

Good luck,
Jim
WA5TEF

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic