Regarding Altitude problem Phantom 4Pro

Reaction score
Hi,
I'm new in this world with drones.
Yesterday I were on a project my work finished so we want to document it with an drone movie.
But when I reached height, 8meters I got this message "Maximum Flight Altitude reached. Adjust altitude in MC settings if required".
I flight indoor in a warehouse.
I didn't understand how to fix this? Any suggestions?
20200428_100854.jpg
20200428_102731.jpg

Can’t help you but cool pictures. I used to install Sprull
pallet rack‘s all over the US. Brings back some fond memories.
Welome to the forum and going to move this to the P4P section where you can get some help.?

Can’t help you but cool pictures. I used to install Sprull
pallet rack‘s all over the US. Brings back some fond memories.
Welome to the forum and going to move this to the P4P section where you can get some help.?
Thank you, I worked at Swedens biggest assembly company for different pallet racking solutions. This project is in Norway for a stacker crane warehouse.

Reactions: dirkclod
Are you going to try and fly in the aisles between that racking????

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Emillind
But when I reached height, 8meters I got this message "Maximum Flight Altitude reached. Adjust altitude in MC settings if required".
I flight indoor in a warehouse.
I didn't understand how to fix this? Any suggestions?
The reason is explained on P55 of the manual:
Height is restricted to 26 feet (8 meters) when the GPS signal is weak and Vision Positioning is activated.
Height is restricted to 98 feet (30 meters) when the GPS signal is weak and Vision Positioning is inactivated.

You had no GPS but the drone was able to use VPS to hold position.
But VPS only works to a max of 10 metres.
Switch off the VPS and you will be able to fly to 30 metres, but you won't have horizontal position holding or brakes.
That might be risky in that environment.

• Wow
Reactions: Capt KO and pdqdl
The reason is explained on P55 of the manual:
Height is restricted to 26 feet (8 meters) when the GPS signal is weak and Vision Positioning is activated.
Height is restricted to 98 feet (30 meters) when the GPS signal is weak and Vision Positioning is inactivated.

You had no GPS but the drone was able to use VPS to hold position.
But VPS only works to a max of 10 metres.
Switch off the VPS and you will be able to fly to 30 metres, but you won't have horizontal position holding or brakes.
That might be risky in that environment.
Thank you, maybe a dumb question but how to I turn off the VPS?

Please use prop guards! Practice flying without VPS out in the open. Then practice more. Be safe

Cool pictures Emilind! I would think there would be all sorts of magnetic fields around in amongst all that steel so would be very careful flying!!
I had a similar message the other day on my P3A - posted it here.

Please use prop guards! Practice flying without VPS out in the open. Then practice more. Be safe
Makes no sense, out in the open GPS will take over.
ATTI-mode is the way to go for practising/practicing.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers