P4P Altitude Problem

Reaction score
I recently updated my firmware, and did a flight test on the P4P. My P4P reached a maximum altitude of 94 feet and stopped climbing. I landed, checked all my settings, including my max altitude of 500 meters. Repeated the flight multiple times with the same result. Anyone having similar problems, and any suggestions? My I2 climbs to at least 400 feet w/o problems.

Did you log into DJI and register it after the update? If not, that should fix your issue. It's a one time thing, but you must fly with your device (iPad or Android) connected to the RC to get normal range. Since we all fly with our iPad/Android anyway, this doesn't really change anything for most people.

If you didn't realize it, you can fly without an iPad or Android connected to the RC. However in the past you were not limited on distance and height, and now you are. Flying without your Go4 device limits you to something like 50' high and 100' range if I remember right. This isn't a big deal, since we all fly with a device to run Go4.

Last edited:
Did you log into DJI and register it after the update? If not, that should fix your issue. It's a one time thing, but you must fly with your device (iPad or Android) connected to the RC, which is what you do anyway.

If you didn't realize it, you can fly without an iPad or Android connected to the RC. However in the past you were not limited on distance and height, and now you are. Flying without your Go4 device limits you to something like 50' high and 100' range if I remember right.
I logged in. Why would I register if I registered last year? :)

I logged in. Why would I register if I registered last year? :)
Because they updated the app and you have to do it to not have your bird locked to only 30m out and 30m up I think. They are trying to make us keep track of all of the NFZ's ect. They are tracking more with this move.

I had a nice flight thi morning about 11000 ft off and 25000 all around at a height of about 1000 ft. Will try to process the video and upload

Why would I register if I registered last year?
Because the added registration let's you fly beyond 50M. DJI has been telling everyone this is coming for weeks, this shouldn't be a surprise.

We're flying quads from a communist country, YOU MUST CONFORM !! ;-) Funny eh?, And we're like.... BIOYA China !!! but here ya go, take my money, and keep making awesome drones.

upload_2017-7-12_20-49-3.png

Last edited:
Because the added registration let's you fly beyond 100'. DJI has been telling everyone this is coming for weeks, this shouldn't be a surprise.

We're flying quads from a communist country, YOU MUST CONFORM. ;-)
LMAO buddy! So true though!

I logged into the apps and fly without issue. I get a geo database update nag on every power up but hit ignore each time. No issues thus far.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jumperswaves