P4P+ Suddenly can't fly over 30M

Reaction score
Here's a strange one. This afternoon I was flying around, 100m or so, everything was working great. Battery was below 30% so I came in and landed and swapped out the battery. After only changing the battery, I suddenly cannot fly above 30m. As soon as I reach 30m I get an error that says something to the effect of "Maximum altitude reached. You can adjust the maximum altitude in MC settings."

Here's the strange thing, my distance isn't limited -- only my altitude. I can fly several hundred meters out but no higher than 30m.

In my MC Settings, Beginner Mode is disabled. Maximum Height is set to 500m. RTH height is set to 85 meters. I can't find any other settings that would limit my altitude.

I do have the latest firmware which has worked perfect for a month. My P4P+ was not connected to Wifi at the time so there was no available Internet connection to install a newer firmware (even if a newer firmware was available).

Any ideas?

Was this not a recent issue when using a tablet or device not logged in to the DJI account?

Log out and back into your DJI account. Sounds like you're locked out.

Log out and back into your DJI account. Sounds like you're locked out.

I will try this tomorrow when I'm connected to Wifi. But how could this happen? I'm flying completely offline (with a P4Pro+ with Wifi disabled), so I have no Internet connection on there to validate (or Devalidate) my account anyway. Do you have to relogin every so often?

Here's a strange one. This afternoon I was flying around, 100m or so, everything was working great. Battery was below 30% so I came in and landed and swapped out the battery. After only changing the battery, I suddenly cannot fly above 30m. As soon as I reach 30m I get an error that says something to the effect of "Maximum altitude reached. You can adjust the maximum altitude in MC settings."

Any ideas?

I have encountered a similar problem except both altitude and distance was limited. Usually it happens for me after replacing battery without restarting tablet + RC. After restart (AC+RC+tablet) it was back to normal without any need to log on. It looks like some parameters are not updated properly after AC restart.

Best regards,
Viljo

I had the same issue. Then with some fidgeting..the drone broke free of the restriction. It's definitely a bug.

Here's the strange thing, my distance isn't limited -- only my altitude. I can fly several hundred meters out but no higher than 30m.

In my MC Settings, Beginner Mode is disabled. Maximum Height is set to 500m. RTH height is set to 85 meters. I can't find any other settings that would limit my altitude.

I do have the latest firmware which has worked perfect for a month. My P4P+ was not connected to Wifi at the time so there was no available Internet connection to install a newer firmware (even if a newer firmware was available).

Any ideas?
My setting got max alitude and distance limit both together

i dont have latest update, mine stopped at 30 m. i brought it home, turned bird and controler off, waited a few seconds, turned it back on and everythings ok again.

Any ideas?
After you loaded the new firmware, did you log into your DJI account again to authorize, as instructed? You only need to do this once, but it's required for some odd reason to release those restrictions. If you didn't log in, for some reason it took a while to take effect in your setup. If you did log in to authorize the new firmware with the GO4 app, then something else is going on. Let us know what you find out after you solve the problem.

After you loaded the new firmware, did you log into your DJI account again to authorize, as instructed? You only need to do this once, but it's required for some odd reason to release those restrictions. If you didn't log in, for some reason it took a while to take effect in your setup. If you did log in to authorize the new firmware with the GO4 app, then something else is going on. Let us know what you find out after you solve the problem.

Yes. New firmware was actually loaded last month. I mentioned in another thread that when I first purchased my P4P+, it was completely unusable out of the box -- DJI Go would crash literally the instant it opened. This was fixed by updating FW on both the RC and the Drone itself. Since I did this, everything worked fine for the most part. Until a few days ago when I suddenly couldn't surpass 30m. As I mentioned. I use the P4P+ offline -- no internet connection, so there should have been no unexpected firmware changes or account issues.

It's possible that my account may have somehow gotten logged out on the RC, in which case I'll have to connect to Wifi to get it connected again. I still haven't had time to try this out yet.

Thanks for all the replies and suggestions everyone. Much appreciated. Love this forum!

That happened to me last week as well. I checked the max altitude, and it was still at 400'. I changed it to a higher number and then it went above 100'. Just don't forget to set it back.

Just thought I'd follow up with a resolution on this. Following suggestions from this thread, I powered on my P4P+ controller, connected it to my home Wifi, and went to my account, clicked on "Exit" .. which apparently means Logout in DJI's version of english. I had to re-enter my username and password.

Once I did that, I was flying high again without any issue.

Thanks for the suggestions. Just thought I'd post my success in here in case anyone else runs into the same problem.

Reactions: FT in Japan
I had this happen with my Mavic recently. Was shooting timelapses and came in for a 3rd battery and heading back out to the same spot as the other 2 shoots, I got a 50m limit and couldn't figure out for the life of me what had happened. Glad to see the answer here. Will keep that in mind (restarts) when flying the P4A in the future (until recently, never had that issue w/ a P3P or 3 diff. Mavics).

Just thought I'd follow up with a resolution on this. Following suggestions from this thread, I powered on my P4P+ controller, connected it to my home Wifi, and went to my account, clicked on "Exit" .. which apparently means Logout in DJI's version of english. I had to re-enter my username and password.

Once I did that, I was flying high again without any issue.

Thanks for the suggestions. Just thought I'd post my success in here in case anyone else runs into the same problem.

Oh, you mean just like the instructions for the update said? :)

Can't speak for anyone else, but I don't recall needing to log in after swapping out batteries. I certainly don't remember that being part of the instructions. In other words, smarmy answer not appreciated. RTFM doesn't always cover everything.

Etr even mentioned having updated the firmware and his unit was fine. Note the word, "suddenly".
"This was fixed by updating FW on both the RC and the Drone itself. Since I did this, everything worked fine for the most part. Until a few days ago when I suddenly couldn't surpass 30m."

Can't speak for anyone else, but I don't recall needing to log in after swapping out batteries. I certainly don't remember that being part of the instructions. In other words, smarmy answer not appreciated. RTFM doesn't always cover everything.

Etr even mentioned having updated the firmware and his unit was fine. Note the word, "suddenly".
"This was fixed by updating FW on both the RC and the Drone itself. Since I did this, everything worked fine for the most part. Until a few days ago when I suddenly couldn't surpass 30m."

The update instructions clearly stated that you would have to log out and sign in again after the update or flight would be restricted - batteries are included because the firmware needs to match. This was discussed at length on here, DJI's forums and about 100 Facebook groups

Well as I've stated at least twice in the thread, the update was done literally a month ago. At that time I logged out and back in. The instructions say absolutely nothing about randomly having to log out and back in a month later after a battery swap unless I'm blind?

Well as I've stated at least twice in the thread, the update was done literally a month ago. At that time I logged out and back in. The instructions say absolutely nothing about randomly having to log out and back in a month later after a battery swap unless I'm blind?

You shouldn't need to unless you've recently update the app and or firmware, I will report your issues. What app and firmware version?

Update all your firmware. Delete your DJI Go App and reinstall. That will fix it.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20