RED RED RED on drone after patch

Reaction score
Just patched to the latest on my phantom 2 (no vision) and when i took it out side after its completed upgrade and tried multiple times to get a GPS lock with no sucesss. After 20 min 15 tries i tried to just start it up. When i pushed both sticks to start nothing happen with the motors but the drones lights flashed RED RED RED in quick succession. The software says "Error - None" The motors do get power i flew the unit prior, and when i start up they quiver like before. But nothing happens when I push to start.

HELP any one have this issue? Ideas? Thanks guys.

Sounds like you need to calibrate the sticks. Three fast reds is the error for the stick centers being too far out of spec (which is why the motors won't arm). Calibrating the sticks in the Assistant should take care of it.

Yes - always recalibrate after a firmware upgrade. First in RC Assistant, and then in Phantom Assistant.

Yea i seriously doubt I'm in a no fly zone. The nearest airport is 10 miles away maybe 15 and jets do not fly over my home. Ill try the calibration and let you guys know. Thanks!

Tried it and still no dice. Run down. Updated controller, along with a calibration.
Start up: Motors quiver and LED flashes yellow...
Attempt to GPS lock w/out success, starts green on the rotation but after the second rotation it flashes yellow. It never gets green.
When I attempt to start after attempting a lock i get RED RED RED. If i attempt a start after a cold start w/out trying GPS i get a RED RED RED.
If i turn the controller off i get the LED lights triggered letting me know its lost signal.

SO i know its getting power to the motors they quiver on start up, and i know the controller is calibrated and is paired with the drone. Im at a loss. Ill try moving further out of town to see if its truly the no fly zone.

:(

Just to confirm - I'm not quite sure what you did. First, calibrate the physical sticks in the Tx in the RC assistant. Then calibrate the servo throw in the Phantom assistant. Did you go through both of those steps? In that order?

Also, make sure that you haven't inadvertently switched the Tx to mode 1 instead of mode 2. This will prevent the motors from starting.

Have you plugged in the Tx to the Naza? Compass plugged in?
Do you get yellow lights on ATTI mode? You should still be able to fire up the motors in ATTI.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl