Phantom 3 Pro - Update Failed at version checking

Reaction score
New Phantom 3 Pro user. Everything was working fine, connected controller to DJI Go, said updating needed.
  • Updated controller without issue.
  • Downloaded 1.11.0020 from the DJI site
  • Tried updating and it failed (please see attached)
  • When I start the remote I am able to link to the aircraft and move the gimbal
  • When I connect to DJI Go, I am told aircraft update failed.
What I am seeing for lights are:
  • On gimbal
    • Green at start up
    • Flash Green/Red for about 5 minutes
    • Then solid red
  • Green near reset if I turn on the controller
  • Aircraft Lights
    • Back two flashing Green, Yellow, Red, then after about 5 minutes solid red
    • Front Two - Solid Red
The error that I am getting is [00066866]Packet upgrade failed at version checking.

The entire P3X_FW_LOG_AB.txt is attached

So, where do I go from here?

Attachments

• P3X_FW_LOG_AB.txt
    30.1 KB · Views: 148
Great progress this morning, updated the aircraft, able to get the motors running (propellers off). Now need to find a big field where I can do a small flight test. The issue was with the battery connection. I am still getting the 8 & 11 error (gimbal) and still no video but I am able to take pictures and video. So once I am able to perform a small flight test then I will dive into getting a new gimbal.

Great progress this morning, updated the aircraft, able to get the motors running (propellers off). Now need to find a big field where I can do a small flight test. The issue was with the battery connection. I am still getting the 8 & 11 error (gimbal) and still no video but I am able to take pictures and video. So once I am able to perform a small flight test then I will dive into getting a new gimbal.
Welcome to the forum!

I'm glad you made progress on getting it sorted and also that you came back to post about it and the issue so that others can learn and/or be helped by your experience. Too many people just vanish and we never know what happened, so your follow-up post is appreciated.

I'm sorry that I didn't see your LOG_AB file sooner. Module 11 shows batteries, and yours show as not detected so I may have saved you some time had I been more diligent about reading every post as I used to be for years.

1662128553634.png

As you already noted, the 8/15 not detected is your issue now. Sadly, it's very common on P3Ps as I'm guessing you already know. It's so common that trusting someone's claim of selling a working replacement gimbal top (main) board is a scary leap of faith at this point. You may have come across the often-referenced troubleshooting chart for the issue. It's not uncommon for people to fix their own gimbal top (main) boards, though I certainly wouldn't characterize the process as easy for the average user. For some it is easy, and I've often wondered why they don't start a side hustle of fixing the boards for a cost. Anyway, if you haven't run across the chart, click here to see it and also the links to other related info. It's difficult to tell on that site, but there is bit of clickable text "DaVinci diagnosis diagram and links" which will reveal additional charts and links to help you make a repair should you choose to go that route.

Lastly, since you said that you were new to the P3P, click here for a list of tips that I've shared countless times over the years. I haven't been great with updating it lately as the P3 forums have slowly died off, but you may find some useful info.

Cheers!

Last edited:
Reactions: brigerdrones
Oso, thanks for the information. I flew RC airplanes for about 12 years between 1984 - 2005. Had a couple of helicopters as they did not require as much room to fly (but really difficult). Actually purchased my P3P on shopgoodwill as it was crashed, so ended up putting a new shell on it and sorting out all of the issues. I am reading the information you sent and hopefully will be able to do a test flight (in a big field) this afternoon.

Thanks

Did you start updating only because the application said you so?
As you write everything was OK before updating.

Andy,

I made so many mistakes, first time owning a P3P. Everything except the camera was working, did not know how to get the motors to spin (RTFM would have helped), also could not get the DJI go app to connect to the aircraft. Read on another site that updates were needed, went down the rabbit hole, Learned a lot about the P3P and its now running 1.11.0030 so I am ahead.

Still have the "no video feed / no image transmission" issue but at least I know the cause and a solution ($149). I can take pictures and video just cannot see it on the phone (which to me is not a big deal now).

Oso sent a link on tips which I read and would have saved me hours of messing around, as I said, learned a lot, so all worked out for the good.

Reactions: KachemakDiver
Andy,

I made so many mistakes, first time owning a P3P. Everything except the camera was working, did not know how to get the motors to spin (RTFM would have helped), also could not get the DJI go app to connect to the aircraft. Read on another site that updates were needed, went down the rabbit hole, Learned a lot about the P3P and its now running 1.11.0030 so I am ahead.

Still have the "no video feed / no image transmission" issue but at least I know the cause and a solution ($149). I can take pictures and video just cannot see it on the phone (which to me is not a big deal now).

Oso sent a link on tips which I read and would have saved me hours of messing around, as I said, learned a lot, so all worked out for the good.
Watch out for those China gimbal boards on EBay, most do not work.

Reactions: jkbaker4
quick update, I was able to do a successful test flight. Flew for about 10 minutes without any issues. I will need to get tape for the aircraft so it’s easier to see where the front is and learn the remote control, but it flew. Was impressed as to how stable it is.

Reactions: Oso

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic