RC update failed, USB not working

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Tried to update the RC to the latest firmware with the GO app. Nothing happened, the 0-100% bar didnt move so after some time I had to shut the RC off to stop it. After I've done this the connection between the RC and the P3 works fine, and I can fly the aircraft. But, I cant connect the RC and the GO app anymore. The USB port seems dead, because my Iphone and Ipad doesn't recognise it when connected. Tried the C1+C2+RECORD+SCROLL reset buttons, but stil nothing. Tried to update the RC with USB flash drive, but it only shows the red light, not the blue.

Anyone had this issue before? Been searching my *** off, but cant find a solution..

GL300A

Help is very appreciated as my unit is useless now...

Is it an aftermarket iPad cable? I've had a few dodgy cables that seemed to be corrupted after I connected my iPad to iTunes then the cable stopped charging the iPad all together.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I've tried both aftermarket and genuine cable from Apple.. No difference.. It worked perfect with both cables and both Apple units before the update failed.

I've tried both aftermarket and genuine cable from Apple.. No difference.. It worked perfect with both cables and both Apple units before the update failed.

Oh dear hopefully someone with this experience can help, I'll keep watching this thread myself for the lesson.

Is the procedure to update the RC and update the go app,? 2 things?

Yes? The app updates through AppStore, and the RC was supposed to update through the app. You can also update with USB stick, which I have also tried

Have you thought of wiping your iPad or iPhone in iTunes and starting again?

No, I have not.. Can't really see why this will make a difference.. If this was the problem, why won't the RC read the USB stick either? Also tried this through the SD card slot in the camera with cable...

Guess this problem isn't covered by the warranty either? Anyone know?

No, I have not.. Can't really see why this will make a difference.. If this was the problem, why won't the RC read the USB stick either? Also tried this through the SD card slot in the camera with cable...

Guess this problem isn't covered by the warranty either? Anyone know?

Can I ask was this update compulsory ?
Ie the phantom wasn't going to let you fly unless you did it?

Can I ask was this update compulsory ?
Ie the phantom wasn't going to let you fly unless you did it?

No, it was flying perfectly before the update. But in the start picture in the app I got the message about update available with red warning triangle

No, it was flying perfectly before the update. But in the start picture in the app I got the message about update available with red warning triangle

Bugger, well that might save me in the future I'm buying a new advanced next week, I get a 1 year warranty, and to be honest if this happened to me I would claim warranty if under 12 months, sounds like the software buggered your controller, I wish other people would respond to this thread as updates are a crucial integral part of the phantom.

i sended my drone towards the seller becausr my rc was dead because of updating, now i got whole new drone and controller and planning not to update it.

they are 100% responsible for any software failures when the customer did it how it suppost to be installed

It ended up with buying a New RC from eBay. Can anyone tell me what I need to do when it arrives? Software? Pairing? And so on:) Dont want this to happen again:(

Updated mine today to latest firmware no problems went into the go app and it updated the RC

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

What is your iOS version on iphone and ipad? I had the same issue when updated to iOS 9.3.1 on two devices. Problem solved when I updated to 9.3.2 beta

iPhone6+ 9.3.1 with P3P successfully upgraded from v1.6.0040 -> V01.08.0080 using the .bin file on the memory card. Before that I upgraded the app, to 2.7.2.
But my GL300B RC won't upgrade. It wont even show the video feed! But I can move the camera left/right!? Unsure of RC FW before upgrade, it worked flawlessly before with 1.6.0040.
Did my best to follow the steps at: P3 Firmware - HOW TO: Install Phantom 3 firmware

App says "Disconnected". Update with memorycard reader wont start, light never turns blue. Same with cable to P3P and memory card in camera. Deleted DJI GO, reinstalled app.

Tried different memory cards/cables. Even older FW versions in memorycardreader.
P3 Firmware - Updated to 1.8 RC update failed, did not work for me either, as it didn't detect a FW. ("None")

I'm clueless. What next? Downgrade? Perform RC/AC linking?

EDIT: Also tried Force reinstall Phantom 3 Remote Controller - Phantom Guide without success.

EDIT 2: Successfully updated/downgraded/upgraded to 1.6/1.58/1.6 (10second press on the "hat") using an iPad Air 2. That works! I'm on 1.6 – thats the latest right? Still working on getting my iPhone 6+ to connect.

EDIT 3: "Solved". Went with iOS Beta 9.3.2 and it's works as it's supposed to do.

Last edited:
Just upgrade my P3 advanced, no problem with the Firmware but another story with the RC
Update fail 3 times, blue light came on, show upgrade ok but yellow light on and still ask for upgrade . Shutt everything down, restart both, now it fine. Always nervous with those upgrade. Thanks to everybody for your comments and your expertise that help a lot.

Hi guys,

Tried to update the RC to the latest firmware with the GO app. Nothing happened, the 0-100% bar didnt move so after some time I had to shut the RC off to stop it. After I've done this the connection between the RC and the P3 works fine, and I can fly the aircraft. But, I cant connect the RC and the GO app anymore. The USB port seems dead, because my Iphone and Ipad doesn't recognise it when connected. Tried the C1+C2+RECORD+SCROLL reset buttons, but stil nothing. Tried to update the RC with USB flash drive, but it only shows the red light, not the blue.

Anyone had this issue before? Been searching my *** off, but cant find a solution..

GL300A

Help is very appreciated as my unit is useless now...

I have the exact same problem. After a firmware upgrade, the USB port on the remote controller stopped working. Did you ever get this resolved?

I had a very strange issue downgrading, 100% finished please power cycle, I shut it down and now it won't power up, non led status anytime even when charging, any idea?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.