RC Lost Signal P3S Firmware Version 1.2.40+

Reaction score
My P3S has recently started to display the lost signal after only a short time after takeoff within a few meters of hight and distance. In every incident the AC RTH safely to the home point, but I couldn’t cancel the RTH due to lost RC signal. I today picked up an additional error message “Sensor Error - Restart Aircraft” Could not restart normally and switched off AC and RC and started again to link and get to GPS takeoff mode. Never took off or flown in ATTI MODE. After scanning as many threads and e-mail as I could find I decided to do the following to try to rectify.
  1. Calibrated IMU successfully
  2. Calibrated compass every time I tried to fly
  3. Re-linked the AC & RC successfully
  4. Always took off in GPS after home point was registered
My aircraft details are : P3S

Attachments

• 666E6C66-78FC-488B-A562-C57C232F6F05.jpeg
    666E6C66-78FC-488B-A562-C57C232F6F05.jpeg
    331.9 KB · Views: 263
  • 543007A7-FA2A-4021-BF1F-35D496490EE6.png
    543007A7-FA2A-4021-BF1F-35D496490EE6.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 252
I forgot to complete my post, apologies
My aircraft details are.
  • P3S firmware version 1.2.40+ (Latest available for download 1.9.20)
  • Basic Fly Database 01.00.01.09
  • Flight Controller Serial No. 02Z1010524
  • DJI GO APP version 3.1.66
I was wondering if there is a process of elimination that I can follow to arrive at a solution? Does RC also have its own firmware that needs to be updated, or should I just concentrate on the AC firmware?
I have not crashed the AC nor am I aware of any incident that could cause the loss of RC signal. Any suggested process or procedure will be appreciated.
Regards

Um try reinstall app,calibration every flight wont fix either,just cause it comes up with square around it dont mean it needs doing just incase you were,,I think toggling s1 switch might cancel but cant remember

WiFi signal strength into out of receiver and transmitter. Check orientation of drone and antennas, loose antennas, internal radio frequency wiring, corrosion or loose connectors.

Um try reinstall app,calibration every flight wont fix either,just cause it comes up with square around it dont mean it needs doing just incase you were,,I think toggling s1 switch might cancel but cant remember
Reinstalled app. AC & RC linked as normal and flew about 30-60 seconds before RC lost signal appeared! It initiated RTH and landed on the HP. What scares me is YOU cannot cancel RTH on th3 display or b6 toggling the S1 or S2 switches. After lost RC signal, if the AC lands slightly off the HP during RTH, there is nothing 8 can do to stop it from landing where it shouldn’. The RC commands do not register with the AC.

WiFi signal strength into out of receiver and transmitter. Check orientation of drone and antennas, loose antennas, internal radio frequency wiring, corrosion or loose connectors.
I opened the RC to check that the antenna/paddle wires are connected, an$ made very sure that the antenna (upright) and paddles (45degree angle) are correctly directed to comm max with AC.

It seems that the lost signal is not a distance or hight problem, but a time problem. I flew 20m high and 40m distance and after 30-60 sec it switched from GPS (green and all systems go!) to red and RC Lost Signal. The only way signal was re-established after landing was when AC/battery switched off and on again and RC on again. It never lost video/camera feed, just signal between AC & RC

Latest update. Today I upgraded my firmware to latest available for P3S as some of the issues raised were addressed in the later versions of firmware. Took a test flight and after 60 sec it again switched from green GPS mode to red with RC signal lost, RTH and landed safely. After reading suggestions in P4 forum to eliminate causes of “RC signal lost”, I fired up my P3S but flew a short mission in Litchi, without a signal loss after a few minute. Will fly a longer mission on Monday when I can go into countryside. Weird, but it worked! Did my preflight check with DJI GO app and “Aircraft warming up” appeared on screen. Is this normal?
Thanks for your interest

Attachments

• 593961D8-C62E-477C-B1BB-BB6A26D6CD94.jpeg
    593961D8-C62E-477C-B1BB-BB6A26D6CD94.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 215
Latest update. Today I upgraded my firmware to latest available for P3S as some of the issues raised were addressed in the later versions of firmware. Took a test flight and after 60 sec it again switched from green GPS mode to red with RC signal lost, RTH and landed safely. After reading suggestions in P4 forum to eliminate causes of “RC signal lost”, I fired up my P3S but flew a short mission in Litchi, without a signal loss after a few minute. Will fly a longer mission on Monday when I can go into countryside. Weird, but it worked! Did my preflight check with DJI GO app and “Aircraft warming up” appeared on screen. Is this normal?
Thanks for your interest
Put the drone in a cold place,like a refrigerator or freezer for 30 minutes. Then do a IMU calibration. That will remedy the aircraft warming up issue.

Thanks for your interest
The warming up AC is normal for 30 secs. The rear LED are blinking up in yellow befor it record the home point too and will change to blinking green to GPS ready to fly.

In the final chapter of this lost signal saga, I can report that is was caused by a faulty WiFi unit in the P3S. I traded it in, as is, and for a modest $350 received a brand new out of the box P3S. It also don’t vibrate like the old one and I look forward to some smooth and enjoyable flying.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31