RC Connectivity issues with one of two P4Ps

Reaction score
I have two P4Ps. One is two plus years old and the other is coming up on a year. The new one is a P4P+ The issue seems to be with the newer P4P+. What happens is the AC looses contact with the RC. Does so intermittently and randomly. Sometimes it stays linked for several flights then boom. It loses it. This happens both short range and long. It happens away from any interference. Farmland. It happens in the inner city of the twin cities. So there is no real one thing in so far as the usual suspect problems. I have turned off wifi and put the device (DJI CS) on airplane mode yet it still happens as per above. Ive tried linking to three different controllers. The GL300E that the AC came with. Two other GL300Fs. They ALL lose contact with the AC. Could use some ideas. Thanks!

Reactions: RobOt
Since you already confirmed that it's not the remote, has to be the AC. My only suggestion would be to check the antenna connections in the legs. I fly a few P4P's, S and +, and have not had this problem so only guessing.

Good idea but man I hate pulling the plastic covers.
New ones cheap but what's a couple scratches till you sell it. Hope it's that simple. Maybe someone else will have another idea but it's all I can think of. You too, probably.

Could it be a firmware problem?
Don't know. I run the last one from DJI on my P4P birds and remotes. Had notices that they were incompatible until I did. My P4's I leave alone. Old FW

No longer supported so latest is last. Works great.

Replying here since you PMed me about this issue.

Some additional thoughts:
  • If you did not update the P4P firmware since the issue started, then the issue is likely not being caused by firmware. You could of course roll it back if you did update it and think it's to blame. And you could install the same firmware you've been successfully running on your other P4P.

• If you crashed/dropped/damaged your Phantom, a failing hardware component could be to blame.

Reactions: Blade4
Replying here since you PMed me about this issue.

Some additional thoughts:
  • If you did not update the P4P firmware since the issue started, then the issue is likely not being caused by firmware. You could of course roll it back if you did update it and think it's to blame. And you could install the same firmware you've been successfully running on your other P4P.

• If you crashed/dropped/damaged your Phantom, a failing hardware component could be to blame.
Thank you so much. No crash. No firmware update. Heading out for some further prayertesting. Both a test to see if the Lord may intervene and to test the drone. lol Probably will end up shipping it off for repairs.

Reactions: RobOt
Thank you so much. No crash. No firmware update. Heading out for some further prayertesting. Both a test to see if the Lord may intervene and to test the drone. lol Probably will end up shipping it off for repairs.
I did take a look at updating firmware or rolling it back. Not sure why. But that has not worked well either. I get to about 80% on either. Roll back or Refresh. And the process stops with a network error. Hmm. Not sure where in the network I am having problems. Computer is using wifi. Not sure if this is a signature issue or what. Any ideas?
Screenshot (3).png

No crash. No firmware update.
So, all was working well for some time... and then it all of the sudden started disconnecting one day without any changes on your part? If that's the case and you're sure you've changed nothing, then a failing piece of hardware could be to blame. Seems that's all that remains after ruling out everything you could have done.

So, all was working well for some time... and then it all of the sudden started disconnecting one day without any changes on your part? If that's the case and you're sure you've changed nothing, then a failing piece of hardware could be to blame. Seems that's all that remains after ruling out everything you could have done.
Yes. Im afraid so. Ive shipped th ac and rc down to drone nerds for repairs. :). Thank you for your thoughts and guidance!

I have two P4Ps. One is two plus years old and the other is coming up on a year. The new one is a P4P+ The issue seems to be with the newer P4P+. What happens is the AC looses contact with the RC. Does so intermittently and randomly. Sometimes it stays linked for several flights then boom. It loses it. This happens both short range and long. It happens away from any interference. Farmland. It happens in the inner city of the twin cities. So there is no real one thing in so far as the usual suspect problems. I have turned off wifi and put the device (DJI CS) on airplane mode yet it still happens as per above. Ive tried linking to three different controllers. The GL300E that the AC came with. Two other GL300Fs. They ALL lose contact with the AC. Could use some ideas. Thanks!
See my post today about problems with my 4 day old P4P2. I am worried that the latest DJI update may be screwed up.

See my post today about problems with my 4 day old P4P2. I am worried that the latest DJI update may be screwed up.
Well I troubleshot the P4P+ to death. He's down at Dronenerds. I've decided that I am having him repaired and refurbished so as I can sell. I'm also going to sell my phantom for advanced. And keeping the other phantom for pro for third back up. But I am migrating over to the I have decided that I am having him repaired and refurbished so as I can sell. I'm also going to sell my phantom for advanced. And keeping the other phantom for pro for third back up. But Ive migrated over to the Autel Evo II 8k. Bye forever DJI.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic