Rant time

The Carlin quote applies to a lot of activities, including drone operation.

I KNOW what I'M doing, why doesn't anybody else?

I'm definitely guilty of this line of thinking.

Reactions: jwmcgrath
Yes.

I've decided I'm altogether too reserved. I plan on breaking every...

Never mind. Someone will take that seriously. [emoji848]

I just laughed my coffee out through my nose. Thanks!

Did you know that hummingbirds' tongues go all the way around their skull?

fEO22mF.png

Reactions: 805hd
As one who doesn't claim to follow the rules, I'd like to give it a shot at answering Monte55's questions.

I break the rules for the same reasons I drive 66 mph or more on the freeway, jaywalk, swim 29 minutes after eating, and push my Phantom up through the cloud cover from below.
  • The rules are often written by bureaucrats for the lowest common denominator.
  • Following the rules isn't always safe.
  • Breaking the rules isn't always unsafe.
  • I know my equipment. I know my abilities. I know how to calculate risks.
  • I set goals and find ways to achieve them safely. These goals include range, specific subjects to photograph, and weaponizing my Phantom with sharpened, stainless steel propellers dipped in frog poison.
I have no intention of limiting my flights to open grass fields. I'm in this hobby to photograph/video and challenge myself to get better. Safety is always paramount. Following the rules...not so much.

Sometimes you have to get off the bunny slope and ski the black diamond. Just kidding about the frog poison and the steel props.
Give this man a medal. Made me smile and thank god I'm not the only to admit I push the boundaries [emoji6]

Reactions: Clipper707
First. If so many of you claim to follow the rules....why are you so concerned about flying totally beyond your ability to see the craft with VLOS.. Many fly at night. ...over crowds of people...busy roadways. ..sporting events....still wanting info on FPV equipment etc. so you can fly with no VLOS. Do the rules not apply to you if you don't like them? I'm not trying to be a drone cop but some of you have no intention of really following the rules. I judge this by the videos and posts made on this forum. With the suggested rules by the FAA, it seems the manufacturers don't care as they constantly offer equipment that lets you break the rules. I'm just trying to understand this.
Oh Crimmidy here we go again. Should call it PMS Pilots

Reactions: Neon Euc and 805hd

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT