Range Extender options

Right now using only the parabolic reflectors on my RC unit I can out fly my battery so I can’t use any more range with the stock P4 battery.

Good luck
Jim
WA5TEF

Wa5tef thanks for the reply. I️ have the parabolic reflectors right now but I️ have trees in every direction I️ fly. Before I️ got the parabolic reflectors I️ve got only about 550m stock With parabolic 900. I️ want to at least get 2000 meter or better.

I put the MaxxUAV ITE-DBS02.2 on my P4 remote shortly after getting it. It did involve opening up the remote and doing a bit of rewiring inside - which you probably know - and you would have to be comfortable doing this.

I'm not a distance guy really, but I did want to assure the strongest signal possible in the areas where I fly - without having to add an additional battery boost.

I mostly fly over water, and my farthest flights have been around 1.5 miles (approx 2400 meters) with full up/down links.

That said, I think the general feeling here on the forum is that you will get similar results comparing a non-boosted DBS mode to parabolic reflectors. A boosted DBS mode will possibly give you a better uplink to the copter from the remote, but it will not affect the copter's downlink to your remote.

So, if I could do it again, I would keep the remote stock and go with a pair of quality reflectors...

I️ understand I have the parabolic reflectors and just flew 2222 meters that’s over trees too. So I’ll take you advice to heart and not go so big. Thanks Matt

I️ understand I have the parabolic reflectors and just flew 2222 meters that’s over trees too. So I’ll take you advice to heart and not go so big. Thanks Matt
Since the P4A uses the GL300C controller, it's likely compatible with the Inspire 1 controller, GL658. That's what I replaced my GL300C with on my P4 about 18mos ago because I was so disappointed in the range of my P4, compared to my P3P. I did some studies and measuring and it turns out the GL300C is the weakest controller DJI has made to date. Ever since I found this out I've flown my P4 with the Inspire GL658A. You can find GL658As used for sale on ebay for under $200. Slap a windsurfer on one of those and I can easily get 2+ miles with LOS connection (WITH NO TREES IN YOUR WAY). It also helps to choose a quiet custom channel and set your "transmission quality" to 4mbps in the HD screen.

Reactions: Brockrock

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic