Radio Suggestions? ICOM? Sporty's? Yaesu? Walmart (kidding)?

First, you don't have a tail number. You have a UAS registration number, and they are not the same thing.

Second, even if you had a tail number, you are no more licensed by the FCC to transmit than a regular pilot is when he is not aboard an aircraft.

Stations ABOARD aircraft are licensed by rule. Stations on the ground require an individual license, and remote pilots are not a licenseable category - yet.

Misinformation like that will get someone in trouble with the FCC.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots
Thanks for insulting my intelligence Joet. I will rewrite my post on a 5th grade level so you can keep up. Mr. Tuggle: the difference in flying a real airplane with a TAIL number versus a battery powered toy and operating a radio is this:. The real grown up pilot is licensed to fly said airplane, and by doing so in a licensed airplane is allowed to talk on the radio thingy.

Thanks for insulting my intelligence Joet. I will rewrite my post on a 5th grade level so you can keep up. Mr. Tuggle: the difference in flying a real airplane with a TAIL number versus a battery powered toy and operating a radio is this:. The real grown up pilot is licensed to fly said airplane, and by doing so in a licensed airplane is allowed to talk on the radio thingy.
Whoops. Hey Kirby, I think you may have put my name in your last post by mistake; I haven't mentioned numbers of any sort.

Phil expressed his surprise that UAS pilots can't use the radio. You responded with "your tail number is licensed to broadcast". Your response was ambiguous at best, and seemed to endorse UAS pilots using their registration number as authorization to transmit at worst. Your lack of clarity is of your own making. I don't want to see someone misinterpret it and get in trouble.

Perhaps if you had kept your original response on a fifth grade level, it would have been less subject to misinterpretation.

Reactions: Falcon900

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31